|Goldroom Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 28, 1984|
Goldroom is an American musician, singer, producer, and songwriter, best known for his debut electronic studio album, West of the West, released on September 23, 2016, consisting of 10 tracks. On June 2, 2017, a collection of remixes of his songs by other artists and producers was released under the same name. Before the success of his album, he was recognized as a producer for other artists, and has remixed Penguin Prison’s Fair Warning (2011), Alpine’s Hands (2012), St. Lucia’s All Eyes on You (2012), Charli XCX‘s You (Ha Ha Ha) (2013), and Owl Eyes’ Jewels & Sapphires (2013). He also remixed albums such as MØ‘s Don’t Wanna Dance (2014), Architecture in Helsinki’s I Might Survive (2014), Chvrches’s Leave a Trace (2015), as well as Janet Jackson‘s No Sleeep (2016).
During that time, Goldroom also released 3 EPs – Angeles, on January 23, 2011, Embrace on September 9, 2013, and It’s Like You Never Went Away on May 19, 2015, alongside a short film made of 4 music videos for the album’s promotion. Goldroom was also the founder of the Binary Entertainment record label, and alongside Kyle Peterson, formed a synthpop band NightWaves, but they went on a hiatus in 2011 in order to pursue solo careers. Goldroom has a loyal fanbase of more than 200k followers on SoundCloud, more than 200k followers on Facebook, and more than 400k monthly listeners on his Spotify account.
Wellesley, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Goldroom attended the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California, United States, where he studied psychology.
Musician, Producer, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Goldroom is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States, and Worldwide
- Goldroom Tunes (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- The Syndicate (Publicist) in New Jersey, United States, and New York, United States
Nu-Disco, Synthpop, Tropical House, Electropop, Deep House
Vocals, Guitar, Turntable, Sampler, Bass, Percussions, Cello
- Downtown Records
6 ft or 183 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Goldroom likes to keep his dating history private.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Tall physique
- Thick, full beard
- Slicked back haircut
Goldroom hasn’t endorsed any brands yet.
Best Known For
- His debut studio album West of the West (2016), and 3 EP albums Angeles (2011), Embrace (2013), and It’s Like You Never Went Away (2015)
- His singles Fifteen (2012), Sweetness Alive (2012), Only You Can Show Me (2013), Embrace (2014), Till Sunrise (2014), Waiting to Ignite (2015), Silhouette (2016), Lying to You (2016), and Retrograde (2016)
- Being a record producer and remixing albums by well-known singers Penguin Prison, Niki and the Dove, Alpine, Atlas Genius, Charli XCX, MØ, EKKAH, Chvrches, and Janet Jackson
Goldroom released his debut studio album West of the West on September 23, 2016, consisting of 10 tracks of electronic genre. Those were Lying to You, Breaks, Underwater, Retrograde, Tough, Freeway Lights, Missing You Lately, Back to You, Teenage Waste, and Silhouette.
First TV Show
Goldroom Favorite Things
- Activities – Sailing, Amateur Photography
- Personal Quote – “Spread Love”
- Animal – Cat
- Musical Influences – Al Green, LCD Soundsystem, Nirvana, Tom Petty, Alan Braxe, Daft Punk, Bob Dylan, Fred Falke
- He took the name Goldroom in 2011 when he began focusing on music production.
- His stage name stems from the name of a dive bar in Echo Park, Los Angeles, California. Their slogan was “a good place to get drunk and find answers to all of life’s hardest questions.”
- Goldroom’s interest in electronic and electropop music began at the age of 15, during the time he taught sailing at Cape Cod, near Massachusetts. A group of kids he taught showed him the music of the 1960s and 1970s, primarily rock and pop.
- Goldroom left Massachusetts to come to Los Angeles, California because he had always heard about the city and imagined what it would feel and look like.
- The name of his debut studio album, West of the West, stems from his love of the Pacific ocean, as he was a longtime sailor.
- One of Goldroom’s 1st memories is that of him and his dad on a small boat, cruising near the New England coast.
- Kyle Peterson, who Goldroom formed a synthpop band NightWaves with, was his classmate at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California.
- Goldroom was always inspired by the early 1980s and 1990s.
- He was inspired by songwriters rather than producers, as he thought that’s where the talent and potential for a great track lies.
- Goldroom claimed that the music he makes was an escapist device for him. He also claimed it was a way for him and his audience to relive the best moments of their lives, such as the innocence and happiness of their childhood.
- Despite being the vocalist for all tracks on his debut EP, Angeles (2011), for the EP Embrace (2013), he commissioned vocalists such as Say Lou Lou, Mereki, Ariela Jacobs, and Chela.
- A well-known actress, Dianna Agron, directed the music video for his single, Till Sunrise in 2014.
- His 3rd EP, It’s Like You Never Went Away (2015), as well as the accompanying music videos, were released via his Snapchat.
- In February 2018, Goldroom worked with Global BrightLight Foundation in order to light a village in Guatemala with solar lanterns. It provided a clean, renewable source of solar energy for more than 50 families living there.
- One of this favorite quotes was always “spread love”, which became a name of a single he released in April 2017, as a way to honor all of the artists that helped him get to where he was.
- Goldroom describes his music as “dance music for the backyard, dance music for the beach”, and “modern dance music production incorporating live instrumentation.”
- On March 15, 2019, he released his hit single Cocaine Girl.
- Visit his official website @ goldroom.la.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, iTunes, Spotify, and Last.fm.
Featured Image by Goldroom / Instagram