Developed by Radha McLean, The Green Pregnancy Diet Plan is a healthy diet program specifically designed for pregnant women. Balanced nutrition is requirement of everyone, but it becomes even more important for pregnant women to take balanced diet, because foods eaten by them will nourish not only them, but also their babies.
There is one common problem faced by women after pregnancy and that is how to get rid of baby weight. The diet program will take proper care of health of both you and your baby, and will maintain your ideal weight during pregnancy, so you don’t have to struggle to lose baby weight after pregnancy.
What The Green Pregnancy Diet Plan is?
The green pregnancy diet plan is high fiber and nutrient dense diet plan. There are twenty yummy recipes in the diet program which will keep check on your appetite, and will provide adequate nourishment to your body.
In addition to that, you will find several tips and strategies regarding how you can inculcate more and more green foods in your diet. Generally pregnant women get into binge eating taking advantage of the fact that they are pregnant and therefore are free to eat lots of foods.
As a result of which, it becomes daunting for them to shed those extra pounds from their body even several months after pregnancy. The diet plan will inculcate healthy eating habits in you. All kinds of processed, junk and unhealthy foods have been eradicated from the diet program. Besides that, it also has removed all kinds of toxic animal foods such as fishes, meat, beef etc. from the diet program.
Why Say No to Animal Foods?
The green pregnancy diet program is completely vegan diet plan which puts great emphasis on consumption of green and leafy vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds. There are several harmful chemicals such as mercury and others found in fishes, meat etc. These chemicals might cause potential damage to both mommy and baby.
With their consumption, pregnant women become susceptible of becoming victim of breast cancer, cervix cancer and other health issues. They also increase chances of premature delivery, or baby becoming victim of autism or any other severe disease. So you are strongly recommended to refrain from them.
Still, if you belong to the category of people for whom it’s next to impossible to imagine their life without animal foods, you are advised to gradually reduce the consumption of animal foods.
Some Strongly Recommended Foods of The Green Pregnancy Diet
The green pregnancy diet insists on consumption of some highly nutritious foods. Let’s find out what they are.
Among plant based foods, walnuts are the best source of omega 3 fatty acids. As omega 3 fatty acid is not naturally produced by your body, it’s vital for you to eat walnuts to nourish your body with essential fatty acids. Having the shape of brain, walnuts will help in development of brain and nervous system of baby.
Greek yogurt is rich source of calcium. Calcium is vital for development of bones of your baby. You have to be careful enough to take enough calcium in a day because baby will draw all the calcium from your body for developing its bones. If there is dearth of calcium in your body, your bones will become weak which will adversely affect your health.
Loaded with several nutrients such as vitamin A, iron, zinc, folate, vitamin C, fiber etc., sweet potatoes also contain plant pigment named carotenoid which actually provides orange color to them. As your body requires limited amount of vitamin A, sweet potatoes are the best foods for you because carotenoid in them gets transformed into vitamin A as per the requirement of your body.
Beans are rich in fiber and are richest source of protein among plant based foods. There are various kinds of beans such as navy beans, black beans, lentils, chickpeas, pinto beans etc. You can consume any of them and can provide proper nourishment to your body. Best part of beans is, due to being high fibrous in nature, they will save you from gastrointestinal tract problems such as constipation, hemorrhoids etc.
Benefits of The Green Pregnancy Diet Plan
The green pregnancy diet plan has several benefits, let’s have a look at some of them.
- Due to hormonal changes, pregnant women become victim of mood swings, which often stirs up negative emotions such as anger, frustration, stress etc.in them. Nutritious food items of diet program will bring stability in your hormones and will make your temperament jovial and cheerful.
- You won’t need to face problem regarding retrieving your previous sexy body shape. Within three or four months post pregnancy you will be back in same shape.
- The diet program will inculcate healthy eating habits not only in you but also in your baby. Study shows, kids are most likely to demand same foods which their moms consumed during pregnancy, and these habits are hard to inculcate in kids after birth.
- Phytochemicals found in plant based foods assist in development of healthy skin, bones, eyes and other organs. Therefore, the diet plan will assist you in getting hale and beautiful baby.
- The diet plan insists on consumption of whole and organic foods. More organic foods you will eat, better it will for you and your baby.
- The diet program is beneficial not only for you and the baby, but it also is beneficial for the environment, as it will help in keeping it clean. Plant based foods are natural foods and they don’t contain poisonous or harmful substances. And unlike animal food wastes, plant food wastes don’t release carbon dioxide into air.
Sample Diet Plan
Let’s have a look at one of the sample diet plan of the green pregnancy diet program.
You can have fresh blueberries, scrambled tofu, quinoa etc. in your breakfast.
You can have kale quesadillas, rainbow veggie stir fry using broccoli, red pepper, carrots, tomatoes, tofu etc. in your lunch.
You can have whole grain crepes with cheese, walnuts, asparagus, lentil and vegetable soup etc. in your dinner.
You can have lime pie made with dates and avocados in your dessert.