|Haider Ali Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Haider Ali is a Pakistani professional cricketer who has represented his country in the limited-overs versions of the sport (ODIs and T20Is), as a middle-order batter. Before breaking into the senior national team in both the limited-overs formats in the same year (2020), he had participated in the 2020 Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup. He was the vice-captain of the Pakistan squad that had finished in a creditable 3rd place at the tournament. In the Pakistani domestic circuit, he has played for the regional teams Northern (2019-Present) and Rawalpindi across all 3 formats. At the franchise level, he has turned out for Peshawar Zalmi (2020–2021) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League) and Jamaica Tallawahs (2021) in the CPL (Caribbean Premier League).
Malik Haider Ali Khan
Attock, Punjab, Pakistan
Attock, Punjab, Pakistan
- Father – His father is a businessman.
He is represented by Talha Aisham, Manager and Booking Agent, Saya Corporation, Sports Management Agency, Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States.
- 46 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I)
- 12 – Peshawar Zalmi (PSL)
6 ft or 183 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Pakistani descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a thin beard
Haider Ali Facts
- Haider had made his first-class debut, for Northern, in September 2019, during the 2019–20 season of the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy (Pakistan’s premier domestic first-class competition). The beginning of his first-class career had been rollicking as he had accumulated 652 runs in his first 8 matches at a stellar of 46.57, including 2 centuries and 3 half-centuries.
- In December 2019, he had been drafted by the PSL franchise team Peshawar Zalmi as their ‘Supplementary Category Player’. In March 2020, he had become the youngest player to have scored a fifty in the PSL.
- In November 2019, he had been named in Pakistan’s squad for the 2019 edition of the ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Emerging Teams Asia Cup, a tournament meant to showcase the talents of the most prominent young cricketers of Asia, at the Under-23 tier. A match against Afghanistan in that tournament had become his List A cricket debut.
- In May 2020, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had awarded him a central contract for the first time, in the newly created ‘Emerging Players’ category, ahead of the 2020–21 international season.
- In September 2020, on his T20I debut for Pakistan, in a match against top-ranked England, he had scored 54 runs. This had made him the first cricketer from Pakistan to have scored a fifty on his T20I debut.
- In June 2021, he had been named in Pakistan’s squads for their tours of England and the West Indies. However, later that month, he had been withdrawn from those squads, after it was reported that he had breached the bio-secure bubble that was set in place for the 2021 edition of the PSL.
- In October 2021, he had been named the vice-captain of the Pakistan Shaheens (a representative national team that is just one tier below the senior national men’s team) squad for their upcoming tour of Sri Lanka.
Featured Image by Haider Ali / Instagram