|Hakim Ziyech Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 19, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Hakim Ziyech is a Moroccan-Dutch professional soccer player who has represented, as an attacking midfielder and winger, the Dutch clubs SC Heerenveen (2012-2014), Twente Enschede FC (2014-2016), and Ajax Amsterdam (2016-2020). With Ajax Amsterdam, he won both the Eredivisie league title and the KNVB Cup in the 2018-19 season. With the club, he also won the Johan Cruyff Shield in 2019 and had reached the final of the UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Europa League in the 2016–17 season. He had won the ‘Moroccan Player of the Year’ award (Mars d’Or Trophy) in 2016 and the ‘Dutch Footballer of the Year’ award in the 2017-18 season. He was also included in the ‘CAF (Confederation of African Football) Team of the Year’ in 2019. In February 2020, he had moved away from Dutch club competition after nearly a decade of involvement and had signed up a 5-year contract with English giants Chelsea FC. At the international level, he had represented the Netherlands at the age-group tiers but had chosen to turn out for Morocco at the senior level. For the latter, he was included in the squads for the 2018 FIFA World Cup and the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
The Wizard of Amsterdam
Dronten, Flevoland, Netherlands
He splits his time between Morocco; Amsterdam, Netherlands; and London, England, United Kingdom.
He holds dual nationality.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Mohamed Ziyech (d. 2003)
- Siblings – Faouzi Ziyech (Older Brother). He has 6 other siblings, 3 brothers, and 3 sisters.
He is represented by Mustapha Nakhli, Manager and Agent, Nakhli Mondial, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 18, 11, 7, 10 – Morocco
- 33, 22, 10 – SC Heerenveen
- 10 – Twente Enschede FC
- 22, 10 – Ajax Amsterdam
- 22 – Chelsea FC
Attacking Midfielder, Winger
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hakim has dated –
- Aja Narie (2018–2019)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Moroccan descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Affable smile
He has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturing giant Nike.
Hakim Ziyech Facts
- Born and raised in the Netherlands but having Moroccan parents, he was eligible to play soccer for both countries. He had represented the Netherlands at the Under-19, Under-20, and Under-21 tiers in the early and mid-2010s and had earned a call-up to the senior squad in May 2015. However, in September 2015, he had confirmed that he would represent Morocco at the senior international level and made his debut for the team a month later.
- For the 2015–16 season with Twente Enschede FC, he had been named the club captain but the honor was taken away from him in January 2016 after he had publicly made disrespectful comments against the club.
- For his stellar performances with Ajax Amsterdam (2016-2020), he was named the club’s ‘Player of the Year’ thrice (2017–18, 2018–19, and 2019–20). He was also named in the ‘Eredivisie Team of the Year’ thrice (2016–17, 2017–18, and 2018–19).
- He was selected among the best 20 players in the UEFA Champions League for the 2018–19 season. At the end of 2019, he was ranked at number 29 in the British newspaper The Guardian‘s list of ‘The 100 best footballers in the world’.
Featured Image by Hakim Ziyech / Instagram