|Héctor Bellerín Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 19, 1995|
Héctor Bellerín is considered one of the quickest full-backs in the world. Apart from his speed, he has also attracted a lot of attention for his vegan lifestyle because of which, he often has been on the end of scathing criticism from experts and pundits such as Roy Keane, who believe that Bellerín is a perfect example of soft and spoilt modern day soccer stars who don’t focus enough on their game. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram.
Héctor Bellerín Moruno
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
He divides his time between London and Barcelona.
Héctor Bellerín started his soccer journey at the famed La Masia academy of Barcelona FC.
In the summer of 2011, he decided to join the youth setup of Arsenal FC. He later attributed Arsene Wenger‘s influence for motivating him to make the switch.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Maty Moruno
- Siblings – Unknown
Héctor Bellerín is represented by Albert Botines.
24 – Arsenal FC
2 – Arsenal FC
12 – Spain National Team
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Héctor Bellerín has dated –
- Berta Requeno (2016) – The reports of Bellerín dating Spanish beauty Berta Requeno first filtered in the early months of 2016. Their pictures were splashed all over tabloids during the summer break as they were seen spending time on the sandy beaches. However, it seems that their relationship came to an end towards the end of the year.
- Esha Gupta (2016) – Hector was linked with Indian model and Bollywood actress Esha Gupta, who also happens to be a huge Arsenal fan, in September 2016 as they were spotted on a date at Vanilla Black, a London-based vegetarian restaurant.
- Shree Patel (2017-2018) – In June 2017, Bellerin was rumored to be dating British model Shree Patel. It was reported that they had been spotted together while on holidays. Later, she was spotted at a couple of Arsenal matches cheering her new boyfriend.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Catalan ancestry.
- Athletic physique
- Chiseled and defined jawline
Héctor Bellerín has been signed up as a brand ambassador for Puma and because of the endorsement deal, he is required to wear Puma cleats for the professional matches. He also endorses their products through his social media activity.
He has also used his social media presence to promote a couple of brands such as Chinatown Market.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most attacking right-backs in the English football. He is also considered as one of the fastest defenders in the English top flight.
- Being the first choice right-back for Arsenal FC. He has made more than 100 appearances for the English club.
First Soccer Match
- In September 2013, Héctor Bellerín made his first professional start for Arsenal FC in a League Cup third round match against West Bromwich Albion. He was sent in as a substitute in the 95th minute.
- In May 2016, he made his debut for the Spain National Team in a friendly match against Bosnia and Herzegovina. His side went on to win the match by 3-1.
- Attacking movement
- Defensive positioning
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of his football matches, Héctor Bellerín made his first TV show appearance on the sports talk show, Match of the Day 2 in February 2015.
Bellerín relies on extra gym work to improve his speed. He focuses on exercises such as squats, single-leg squats, and split squats to enhance his lower body strength. He also trains to improve his running technique. Such a training involves work on the way hips and knees move and is often done by Olympic Sprinters.
At the start of the 2017-18 season, he also made changes to his diet. He started focusing on a vegan diet. It was initially meant for a couple of weeks detox as he sought to tackle inflammation, which was causing persistent ankle problems. After a couple of weeks, he realized that his body wasn’t suffering inflammation as much as he used to earlier. It also helped his body recover in a far quicker time.
Héctor Bellerín Favorite Things
- Animal – Tiger
Source – Mirror
Héctor Bellerín Facts
- Towards the end of 2013, Arsenal decided to send him on a 2-month loan to Watford, which was extended to the end of the season. However, as the senior squad was decimated by a series of injuries to the defensive players, he was recalled in February 2014.
- In July 2013, he signed his first professional contract with Arsenal. He had impressed club executives for his performance in Arsenal’s youth team in NextGen Series.
- In November 2016, Arsenal tied him down to another long-term deal that extended his stay at the club until 2022.
- At the end of 2016-17 season, he managed to win his first silverware with North London club as they managed to overcome Chelsea in the FA Cup final.
- In May 2016, he was announced as a stand-by player for Spain’s European Championship.
- At the start of 2014-15 season, he managed to overcome Theo Walcott‘s 40-meter sprint record at Arsenal. Walcott was recognized as club’s fastest player till then.
- In January 2018, he scored a stunning volleyed goal in the stoppage time, which helped his side equalize the match against Chelsea. The goal also served as a redemption for him as he had conceded a penalty, which was scored by Eden Hazard for Chelsea‘s first goal in a 2-2 draw.
- Visit his official website @ www.hectorbellerin.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by joshjdss / Flickr / CC BY-2.0