Discovered by Dr. Peter M. Miller, The Hilton Head Metabolism Diet is a realistic weight loss plan which will get you in enviable shape by revving up your metabolism. Mostly we get so engrossed in other things that we overlook the basic requirements of our body.
Dr. Peter acknowledges the fact that our body is simple and we can run it the way we want to. We just need to understand our physiology and rather than relying on senseless foods and restricted meals, we should aim to speed up our metabolism.
What the Hilton Head Metabolism Diet Plan is?
The Hilton head metabolism diet plan is high carb and low fat diet program. Having total duration of eight weeks, the diet program will work on your body in two phases. First phase has been named as weight loss phase and it will last for six weeks.
You will melt massive pounds from your body by feeding five small meals to your body. Second phase is maintenance phase. Your body statistics, gender, age group etc. will determine your required calorie consumption in a day.
The diet plan considers both diet and workouts crucial regulatory forces which boost your metabolism. More precisely, Dr. Peter gives seventy percent weightage to diet and thirty percent to workouts.
Research shows, your metabolism becomes sluggish as you grow older. So, to maintain it healthy, you need to enhance your youthful age. By inculcating antioxidant foods such as spinach, broccoli, lemon, green tea, ginger etc. in your diet, you can promote formation of young and agile cells in your body and can stay healthy for longer.
Who Can Follow The Hilton Head Metabolism Diet?
The diet program is apt for all those dieters who are in pursuit of permanent weight loss program. Many of you are victims of sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits which in fact hinder your way to weight loss.
As the diet plan has restricted calorie consumption to 1000 calories in a day in phase one, you are recommended to consult with your doctor before following the diet plan.
Use Your Metabolism to Lose Weight
Your metabolism plays significant role in shedding extra pounds from your body. Should you learn how to utilize your metabolism for the best of your benefit, weight loss will no more appear struggle to you. Let’s have a look at some of the efficient ways of revving up your metabolism.
- Prefer having many small meals in a day, and eat snacks having high content of proteins and healthy fats in your meals. Digestion of these foods puts great pressure on your metabolism. Your body burn several calories in the effort of digesting these foods.
- You can play discreet tricks with your metabolism by savoring your loved foods on weekends. After staying perpetual at a particular level of calories, when there would be instant increase in your calorie consumption, your metabolism will have to get back to work.
- Engage in diverse kinds of outdoor activities such as badminton, tennis, volleyball etc. You can also opt for dancing and other recreational activities. These activities will amplify the number of lean muscles in your body. More the number of lean muscles you will have, better your metabolism will be.
- You might feel astonished to know the fact that sleep of eight to nine hours is also effective in shedding extra pounds from your body. Sleep enhances your blood circulation and provides recovery to impaired tissues in your body. Your body burns 65-75 percent calories while sleeping. Despite doing all other virtuous things, if you are not giving adequate rest to your body, you are not cooperating with your body in losing weight.
Workouts in the Hilton Head Metabolism Diet
Strength training and resistance training have mainly been emphasized by the Hilton head metabolism diet program. You are to practice these workouts for forty minutes in a day, and five days in a week.
These exercises will promote the number of muscles, and will give your metabolism a reason to get back to work. That being said, you have to be cautious about the intensity of weights and number of reps. You can conquer the situation by gradually marching towards your weight loss objective.
Benefits of The Hilton Head Metabolism Diet
The diet plan is easy to follow and has been put under category of healthy weight loss plans.
- You will shed twenty pounds in eight weeks and weight loss while moving along with the diet program will stick with you forever.
- There are bountiful recipes and meal plans in the diet program, you don’t have to scratch your head and spend several hours in designing your meal plans.
- The diet program acknowledges the importance of workouts in altering your physiology.
- The diet solution answers the cause of variation in weight in different people in emphatic and logical way.
Drawbacks of The Hilton Head Metabolism Diet
Let’s have a look at some of the drawbacks of diet program.
- The diet program is high in carb. High carb diet is likely to enhance your blood glucose level. Those people who already are victims of diabetes cannot use the diet program.
- First phase of diet program is extremely low in calories. Minimum calorie requirement for women is 1600 calories, and for men it is 2000 calories in a day. Asking to restrain it to 1000 calories is not an appreciable thing done by the diet program.
Sample Meal Plan
The Hilton head metabolism diet program insists on consumption of six small meals in a day. Eating enormous foods in one single meal puts unjustified pressure on your metabolism and affects it adversely. In addition to that, long periods of starvation create famine like situation in your body, and your body begins hoarding fat to deal with such a situation, and instead of losing weight you begin gaining weight.
You can have hard boiled eggs, oatmeal with non-sugary soy milk, whole grain toast with lettuce and tomato slices, and green tea etc. in your breakfast.
You can have nuts, fresh fruit such as pear, banana, cantaloupe, watermelon etc. in your morning snack.
You can have grilled chicken, tuna salad sandwich, six baby carrots etc. in your lunch.
You can have mixed raw vegetable salad with chopped red or green chili sprinkled over it, tofu etc. in your evening snacks.
You can have white meat, steamed fish, turkey, low fat dairy products etc. in your dinner.