|Hope Davis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 23, 1964|
|Spouse||Jon Patrick Walker|
Hope Davis is an American actress, stage artist, and singer who is known for her notable performances in a wide range of movies and shows which include her roles as Madeleine Gravis in Synecdoche, New York, Jeannie Schmidt in About Schmidt, Maria Stark in Captain America: Civil War, Joyce Brabner in American Splendor, Miriam Salinger in Rebel in the Rye, Hillary Clinton in The Special Relationship, Megan Fisher in Wayward Pines, Dana Hurst in The Secret Lives of Dentists, and Jill Carlan in For the People.
Englewood, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
New York, United States
Hope Davis studied at Tenafly High School, a 4-year comprehensive community public high school located in Tenafly, Bergen County, New Jersey, and graduated in the year 1982. Then, she got enrolled at Vassar College located in Poughkeepsie, New York and graduated with a degree in Cognitive Science.
She has also taken acting lessons at HB Studio located in New York City, New York.
Actress, Singer, Stage Artist
- Father – William Davis (Engineer)
- Mother – Joan Davis (Retired School Librarian)
- Siblings – Hope Davis has an older as well as a younger sibling.
Hope Davis is represented by United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hope Davis has dated –
- Ford Evanson (1989-1996) – She was married to director and actor, Ford Evanson, from 1989 to 1996.
- Jon Patrick Walker (2000-Present) – In 2000, she got married to actor Jon Patrick Walker and the duo has been blessed with 2 daughters, namely, Georgia (b. August 31, 2002) and Mae (b. December 30, 2004).
Race / Ethnicity
- Almond eyes
- Gorgeous locks
She was raised in a Christian household.
Hope Davis Facts
- She grew up alongside her siblings in Tenafly, New Jersey.
- Hope has said that her mother was a great storyteller who would take Hope and her siblings to museums or to “something cultural” every Sunday after church.
- She has been friends with actress Mira Sorvino ever since their childhood years and they used to frequently write and act in neighborhood plays.
- Hope Davis made her first theatrical film appearance as Anne Coldren in the 1990 science fiction psychological horror film, Flatliners.
- In 1992, she made her TV show debut by portraying the character of Alison Hunter in an episode of the prime time soap opera, 2000 Malibu Road.
- She starred as Madeleine Gravis in the 2008 postmodern drama film, Synecdoche, New York, and this role won her a Gotham Independent Film Award for “Best Ensemble Cast” in 2008 as well as an Independent Spirit Award in 2009.
- Hope Davis has a pet wheaten terrier named Charlie.
- As a singer, her credits include having performed a couple of songs in films like Try To Remember in Captain America: Civil War, Those Were the Days (Theme from All in the Family) and If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out in Charlie Bartlett, Is That All There Is in The Nines, and Parlez-moi d’Amour in The Impostors.
- Hope Davis has also worked extensively in stage productions and has been a part of projects such as Goodnight Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet), God of Carnage, Measure for Measure, and Spinning Into Butter.
Featured Image by Peabody Awards / Flickr / CC BY 2.0