|Ian Michael Nelson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1995|
Ian Michael Nelson is an American actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Andy in There’s…Johnny!, Derek Hale in Teen Wolf, and Eric Palmer in The Judge. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Hunger Games, Medeas, Alone yet Not Alone, The Best of Me, The Boy Next Door, Summer Night, Freak Show, Paper Spiders, Criminal Minds, The Deleted, Comedy Bang! Bang!, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like Amahl and the Night Visitors, West Side Story, The Secret Garden, You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
Ian Michael Nelson
North Carolina, United States
In 2011, Nelson got admission at the Forsyth Country Day School in Lewisville in the 10th grade. He stayed there for two years and left after completing 11th grade. He had to drop out to focus on his role in The Hunger Games movie series.
In 2016, he started going to a college.
Actor, singer, dancer
- Father – Mark Nelson
- Mother – Janie Nelson
- Siblings – He has three siblings.
Ian is represented by –
- 3 Arts Entertainment Group
- William Morris Endeavor
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
Playing the role of District 3 Tribute Boy in the 2012 film The Hunger Games and as young Derek Hale in the MTV television series Teen Wolf.
As a Singer
Ian is a trained singer and dancer who has shown his skills in the theater.
Ian debuted as District 3 tribute boy in the 2012 film The Hunger Games.
First TV Show
Nelson made his TV show debut as young Derek Hale in 2013 in the MTV teen horror drama Teen Wolf. He appeared in a total of 3 episodes until 2014.
Nelson regularly trains at the Masters Fitness gym in Salem, North Carolina. His workouts comprise of cardio sessions and weight lifting routine. Usually, he likes to workout in the morning but changes his routine according to work schedule.
He also likes to head out for hiking whenever his schedule permits. Plus, he likes to play basketball, which helps him loosen off work related stress as well as keep his body toned up.
Ian Nelson Favorite Things
- Food – Anything cooked by his mother
- Performance – Gene Wilder’s role in the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
Source – Twitter.com, Instagram.com
Ian Nelson Facts
- Ian Nelson is an accomplished dancer, which has helped him get featured at least three times in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade in New York City.
- He has expressed his desire to play professional basketball. He used to play the game in his college basketball team.
- Apart from basketball, he also excels in soccer, fencing, gymnastics, and swimming.
- He has taken classes on tap dancing, ballet, hip hop, and jazz.