|Indya Moore Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1995|
Indya Moore is an American actress, writer, director, model, and social activist. Moore is transgender and non-binary and goes by the pronoun ‘they/them’. They are known for their role as Angel Evangelistain on FX television series Pose. In 2019, they were listed as one of the “100 Most Influential People” by Time Magazine. They are active on Instagram with more than 700k followers.
Indya Adrianna Moore
New York, United States
New York, United States
They got their GED (General Equivalency Diploma) after dropping out of high school because of bullying.
Actress, Writer, Director, Model, and Social Activist
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Indya is managed by Boston Fielder at URB ALT Media and Del Shaw.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
There is no information available on Indya Moore’s love life.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and Black)
They have Puerto Rican ancestry on their mother’s side and their father is from the Caribbean.
Indya identifies as transgender and non-binary.
Dense curly hair
Indya has endorsed the following brands –
- Too Cute to Be Binary
- Pirelli x Roversi
- House of GG Oasis
- Louis Vuitton
Best Known For
Their role of Angel on FX TV’s show Pose which is about New York City ball culture in the late 1980s
They made their first theatrical film appearance in the movie Saturday Church as Dijon in 2017.
First TV Show
They made their first TV show appearance in 2018 as Angel on the FX TV’s series Pose.
Indya Moore Facts
- Their role of Angel in the TV show Pose is of a s*x worker longing for love.
- They hate following patriarchal rules.
- They are inspired by Laverne Cox, Isis King, Janet Mock, Our Lady J, Ryan Murphy, Steven Canals.
- Moore claims that they are inspired by their own self, by their struggles.
- They consider the cast of Pose to be their family.
- Moore left their parents’ house when they were 14 years old because of what they describe as their transphobia and they later entered into foster care.
- They started their modeling career at the age of 15 and worked with brands like Gucci.
- Indya is a Bronx native.
- After working for more than a couple of gigs, Indya was disenchanted by the fashion industry.
- Moore took up acting when they met legendary dancer and ballroom veteran Jose Gutierez Xtravaganza while doing background for the television series The Get Down. He motivated them to take up acting and got them the role of Dijon in the movie Saturday Church.
- In New York fashion week, Moore walked and was photographed for Vogue España in 2017.
- They also appeared on the music video of Katy Perry‘s song, Swish Swish.
- In December 2018, they came out as polyamorous.
- They are the founder of Beetlefruit Media Inc., a production company focused on storytelling through different mediums.
- They have produced the TV series Magic Hour.
- Follow them on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Indya Moore / Instagram