|Ivo Karlović Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 28, 1979|
Ivo Karlović is a former Croatian professional tennis player who has won several ATP singles and doubles titles. As of December 2022, he held the record for the “fastest serve recorded in professional tennis” (251 km/h). During the course of his career, he had participated in numerous tournaments such as US National Indoor Championship, Queen’s Club Championship, Indianapolis Championship, Colombia Open, Rosmalen Championship, Washington Open, Hall of Fame Open, Düsseldorf Open, US Clay Court Championship, and many more.
Ivo Karlović, Karlo Veliki (Charles the Great)
Zagreb, SR Croatia, SFR Yugoslavia
Miami, Florida, United States
Professional Tennis Player
Right Handed (One-Handed Backhand)
- Father – Vlado Karlović (Meteorologist)
- Mother – Gordana Karlović (Works in Agriculture)
- Siblings – Ana Karlović (Older Sister)
6 ft 11 in or 211 cm
104 kg or 229 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ivo Karlovic married the Jamaican Alsi on March 29, 2005. Together they have a daughter Jada Valentina (b. September 15, 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height (6 ft 11 in)
- Slim body
- Wears a cap during most of the matches
17 (US) or 51 (EU)
Karlovic has signed endorsement deals with Head Graphene Radical Pro and Mizuno clothing line.
He has also been sponsored by Diadora, MY OCK, Nike, Adidas, Li-Ning, and Sergio Tacchini.
Best Known For
His supreme serve which is considered to be one of the greatest and most powerful of all time. Ivo set an all-time record for career aces and is the second player in the history of tennis to achieve over 10,000 aces in the career.
First Professional Tennis Match
Ivo had his debut for Croatia in a Davis Cup meeting against Ireland in 2000.
Ivo has received skills training from Petar Popovic and fitness training from Slaven Hrvoj.
Ivo Karlović Favorite Things
- Sports team – Miami Heat
Source – ATP World Tour
Ivo Karlović Facts
- Ivo began playing tennis when he was 6.
- Since 1973, he has been the tallest tennis player to get an ATP ranking in the Top 100, standing at 6 ft 11 in (211 cm).
- His hobbies are playing basketball and watching movies.
- Karlović is the ambassador for ACEing Autism which provides help to the kids with autism by involving them into special tennis programs.
- He made it to his first-ever ATP final at Queen’s Club Championships in 2005. Eventually, he lost to Andy Roddick (former pro tennis player).
- Ivo won his first ATP title at the 2007 U.S. Men’s Clay Court Championships in Houston, Texas. He defeated Mariano Zabaleta in the finals.
- On September 18, 2009, Karlovic achieved 78 aces of which 77 were on 1st serve during a Davis Cup match against Radek Stepanek.
- In 2007, Ivo served 1000 aces in a season and became the fourth player in the history of the game to achieve 1000 aces in a single season.
- In October 2015, he officially became the player with most aces in tennis history (10000+) previously held by his countryman and former winner of Wimbledon Goran Ivanisevic.
- Karlovic is also known for his Twitter account which is full of humorous tweets.
- He has a statue of him in New York City.