|Jack Farthing Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1985|
Jack Farthing is a talented English actor. He is known for his roles in Poldark, The ABC Murders, Blandings, Pramface, Silk, Dancing on the Edge, Da Vinci’s Demons, Poirot: The Big Four, Cilla, and others, appearing in theaters including Hampstead Theatre, Royal Court, Orange Tree Theatre, Royal Exchange, and National Theatre. Jack attended St Catherine’s College, Oxford and London Academy of Music & Dramatic Arts.
North London, England, United Kingdom
North London, England, United Kingdom
Jack Farthing studied in Westminster School and the Hall School, in Hampstead, England. Later, he joined History of Art at St Catherine’s College, Oxford, and then attended London Academy of Music & Dramatic Arts.
- Father – He is a doctor.
- Mother – She is a doctor.
- Siblings – Unknown
Jack Farthing is managed by Independent Talent Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, United Kingdom.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jack Farthing has rarely spoken about his personal life in his interactions with the media, which makes it difficult for us to ascertain anything about his dating history and love life.
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair ‘Blonde’.
- Long squared chin
- Droopy eyes
- High cheekbones
Best Known For
His numerous performances in TV series and films including Poldark as George Warleggan, The ABC Murders (2018) as Donald Fraser, Blandings (2013-2014) as The Hon. Frederick Threepwood, The Riot Club (2014) as George Balfour, Burn Burn Burn (2015) as Dan, and Official Secrets (2019) as Andy Dumfries
In 2014, he made his theatrical film debut in the drama film The Riot Club as George.
First TV Show
In 2012, he made his first TV show appearance on the comedy series Pramface as Mitchell.
Jack Farthing Favorite Things
- Villain – George Warleggan, his character from Poldark
- Tipple – Vodka, ice, and fresh lime
- TV Shows – Wolf Hall, Olive Kitteridge (2014)
Jack Farthing Facts
- He got into acting when he was in school.
- While he was still a student at the London Academy of Music & Dramatic Arts, he was spotted and was chosen to play at the Globe Theatre as Benvolio.
- He can play a bit of drum, guitar, and keyboard.
- His guilty pleasure is watching cooking shows.
- If he weren’t an actor, he would have been a musician.
- He would play himself in the movie of his life if he were chosen to do so.
- His earliest childhood memory is jumping on his cat and accidentally breaking its leg.
- His most embarrassing moment has been his entire time at LAMDA.
- Jack’s biggest bugbear is selfishness.
- As a child, he wanted to be Rufio, the leader of The Lost Boys in Hook (1991).
- His last meal on earth would be fish pie.
- His dream dinner date would be with filmmaker Paul Thomas Anderson.
- The advice that he would give to his teenage self is “Care less about what people think of you”.
- When he looks in the mirror, he sees his parents.
- His secret skill is making bird noises.
- His hangover cure is a pint of Guinness.
- He considers himself to be a cat person.
- If he had a superpower, it would be finger-click teleporting ability.
- His motto in life is, “Don’t sweat the small stuff. But it’s a struggle”.
- The worst job he has ever done is feeding feathers into industrial feather cannon for an outdoor circus act, which made him cough for weeks.
- His coffee of choice is Black Americano.
- The first record he bought is Coolio’s Gangsta’s Paradise.
- The book that changed his life is Reader’s Digest Complete DIY Manual.
- His style icon is Toni Servillo in The Great Beauty (2013).
- If he could time-travel, he would travel to 1950s Hollywood, so he could see some of the iconic films as they came out, and stalk some actors.
- His most loved fairy tale is The Princess Bride.
- According to him, the most underrated virtue is compassion and the most overrated virtue is strength.
- His celebrity crush is Marion Cotillard.
- He is often compared to Hugh Grant.
- Jack finds The X Factor TV series to be a turn-off and feels uncomfortable viewing it.
- His earliest TV viewing memory is watching the original BBC’s Chronicles Of Narnia (1988-1990).
- He said that being active on social media would make him unhappy.
- Jack is not active on social media.
Featured Image by This Morning / YouTube