|Jake Canuso Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 13, 1970|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Jake Canuso is a Swiss actor and dancer who came to limelight for his appearance in the ITV comedy series about British holidaymakers abroad titled Benidorm (2007–2018) where he portrayed the Solana barman Mateo Castellanos. He has starred in several other TV shows such as Scarborough (2019), in numerous films like Tick Tock Lullaby (2007) and in a number of music videos including Kylie Minogue’s Give Me Just A Little More Time from her album Let’s Get To It (1991).
London, England, United Kingdom
- Siblings – He has 1 sister.
He is represented by Vivienne Clore.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Sharp nose
- Thin lips
Jake Canuso Favorite Things
- Influenced By – Old Gene Kelly movies
- Character To Play – Mateo Castellanos, who has been great fun to play as he gets to do ludicrously silly things and gets to be extremely ignorant, the part of his charm being the fact that he always fails at everything
Source – The Northern Echo
Jake Canuso Facts
- His parents were immigrants from southern Italy and they all moved to the United Kingdom when he was 18 years old.
- Growing up in the crossroads of France, Italy as well as Germany, he became fluent in as many as 6 languages that were English, German, Swiss-German, Italian, Spanish, and French. He has revealed that there has been a hilarious dynamic with his family as they communicate in all these different languages, so at Sunday lunch, he has found himself talking in Italian to his parents, in Swiss to some of the children, and in Spanish to his nephews.
- Canuso was on vacation with his sister on the island of Koh Phra Thong in Thailand when they were caught up in the Boxing Day Tsunami of 2004. He had managed to climb a tree after seeing the first waves and then he had got trapped underwater after the tree fell. He and his sister survived but he developed aquaphobia thereafter and could not swim in water for many years.
- After working with top dance companies, he was involved with big commercial pop tours as a choreographer and dancer that took him all over the world. He has stated that he was living a very exciting life, traveling in private planes, and putting up in incredible hotels while working with the most famous stars. However, he then did various acting courses and took the decision not to dance anymore. He was even offered a Kylie Minogue tour but he had turned it down because of his full focus on his acting career.
- At the age of 30, Jake took his 1st normal job that comprised of him working in a restaurant. He realized that he really wanted to act and so he had to be realistic as most actors work only for a few days every year.
Featured Image by Jake Canuso / Instagram
you weight is 75 kg