|Jake Cave Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 4, 1992|
Jake Cave is an American professional baseball outfielder who made his MLB debut with the Minnesota Twins in 2018. In addition to that, he has also played for the Philadelphia Phillies of Major League Baseball (MLB).
Andrew Jacob Cave
Hampton, Virginia, United States
Jake Cave studied at Hampton Christian High School situated in Hampton, Virginia. Later on, he committed to Louisiana State University (LSU) in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, on a college baseball scholarship.
He transferred to Kecoughtan High School, a public high school located in Hampton, Virginia, prior to his junior year. After graduating, Jake Cave spent the summer playing for the Peninsula Pilots of the Coastal Plain League.
Professional Baseball Player
- Father – Bryan Cave (Played baseball at Kecoughtan and became the head coach of The Apprentice School)
- Siblings – He has 2 sisters who both played softball and were named All-District.
6 ft or 183 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jake Cave has dated –
- Saige – He is married to Saige and the duo has been blessed with 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Sports a beard
Jake Cave Facts
- During his time at Hampton Christian High School, he was a pitcher for the school’s baseball team in his sophomore year and had a 10–0 win–loss record as well as a 1.23 earned run average with 109 strikeouts in 61 innings pitched.
- Jake Cave got to showcase his hitting ability by winning the World Wooden Bat Association Under-16 national title.
- As a senior year at Kecoughtan High School, he had a .609 batting average in 2011. He was also named the Peninsula District and Daily Press Player of the Year.
- In the 2011 MLB draft, Jake Cave was picked by the New York Yankees in the sixth round, with the 209th overall selection. As he signed with the team, he received a $825,000 signing bonus and went on to make his professional debut that season for the Gulf Coast Yankees. However, he fractured his kneecap in a collision at home plate in his first game and the injury forced him to miss the rest of the season as well as the entire 2012 season.
- He played 113 games for the Charleston RiverDogs of the Class A South Atlantic League in the year 2013 and concluded the year hitting .282/.347/.401 with two home runs and 31 RBIs.
- Cave’s 2014 season began with the Tampa Yankees of the Class A-Advanced Florida State League and he was subsequently promoted to the Trenton Thunder of the Class AA Eastern League in July after hitting .304/.354/.395 with three home runs and 24 RBIs in 90 games with the Tampa Yankees. He went on to finish the season batting .273 with four home runs and 18 RBIs in 42 games.
- On March 16, 2018, he was traded to the Minnesota Twins for minor-league pitcher Luis Gil. He started the season with the Rochester Red Wings of the International League and went on to make his MLB debut on May 19, 2018.
- Jake Cave hit 13 home runs and led all Major League Baseball hitters in average distance per home run at 421 feet during the 2018 season.
- After suffering a fracture in his back, he was placed on the 60-day injured list on May 15, 2021, and was eventually activated on July 24.
- On October 12, 2022, Jake Cave was claimed off of waivers by the Baltimore Orioles and the Orioles and Cave agreed to a split contract to avoid salary arbitration for the 2023 season on November 4.
- On December 2, 2022, the Philadelphia Phillies claimed the player off waivers and he made the Phillies‘ Opening Day roster in 2023.
- He enjoys watching shows and movies during his spare time.
Featured Image by Jake Cave / Instagram