|James Wolk Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1.5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 22, 1985|
|Spouse||Elizabeth Jae Lynch|
James Wolk is a talented American actor who is known for appearing in popular films and TV shows such as Zoo, For a Good Time, Call…, and The Crazy Ones. He started his career in acting by appearing on the CBS soap opera As the World Turns. He also believes in social work and is also on the Board of Directors of the Brad Cohen Tourette Foundation.
James Joseph Wolk
Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
James attended North Farmington High School and graduated in 2003. Then, he went to the University of Michigan School of Music, Theatre & Dance and graduated in 2007.
- Father – Robert Wolk (Businessman)
- Mother – Edie Wolk (Art Teacher)
- Siblings – Katie Ray Wolk (Older Sister)
- Others – David Lewis Wolk (Paternal Grandfather), Shirley King (Paternal Grandmother), Harold Elson (Maternal Grandfather), Thelma R. Pais (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by Viewpoint, Inc. (Public Relations Agency), Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft 1.5 in or 186.5 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
James has dated –
- Elizabeth Jae Lynch (2015-Present) – James Wolk married his girlfriend, Elizabeth Jae Lynch in June 2015 in a religious ceremony at Crossroads Estate, Firestone Winery in Los Olivos, California. They have a son named Charlie (b. 2017). The couple can be seen together in many of his Instagram posts.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
Portraying various roles in popular films and TV shows such as Jackson Oz in the drama series Zoo (2015-2017), Charlie in the comedy film For a Good Time, Call… (2012), and Zach Cropper in the CBS sitcom The Crazy Ones (2013-2014)
He made his theatrical film debut as Will Olsen in the comedy film You Again in 2010.
First TV Show
James made his first TV show appearance as Sailor on As the World Turns in 2008.
He used to run with her father in winters every Sunday when he was in high school wearing double sweatpants, a windbreaker, a beanie, and a neck warmer. That old habit is still rooted in his routine and he now runs 4 to 6 miles 5 days a week. Whether he’s at home or on vacation, he needs to run 5 days a week, no matter how the weather is and what the terrain is.
He also stated that running is sort of a therapy for him. Whenever his mind is swinging, he goes for a run and it actually calms him and also helps him to stay fit and lean throughout the year. He also uses this audio app on his iPhone to record lines before he runs.
James Wolk Facts
- He worked as an emcee at Bar and Bat Mitzvahs when he was a teenager.
- James is the supporter of Camp Twitch and Shout, which is a camp for children (ages 7–17) with Tourette syndrome in Georgia.
- He was passionate about studying medicine or law before doing theatre at the University of Michigan.
- He is also on the Board of Directors of the Brad Cohen Tourette Foundation.
- In 2010, James got the role of a con man with dual identities on the Fox series Lone Star. The show was highly promoted, however, it was canceled after only airing 2 episodes.
- He has a pet dog named Flea.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by James Wolk / Instagram