|Janella Salvador Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 30, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Janella Salvador is a Filipino actress and singer who was first scouted after she guested on one of the longest-running noontime shows in the Philippines, Eat Bulaga. In 2012, she landed her first acting role in the hit series Be Careful With My Heart which lasted for 2 years. From there, she started landing on more roles in movies and on televisions. Janella rose to fame after starring in major roles on several series including Haunted Mansion, Born for You, and So Connected. Aside from acting, she has a talent in singing and has well-demonstrated it on big events where she was invited to perform including Disney.
In between the years 2008 and 2009, she represented her country in a world trade fair held in Seoul, Korea and took part in the Meralco Theater production, Paul! Paul! Though she initially landed a career in showbiz through acting, Janella also demonstrated her talent in singing on various shows. She was one of the talents who joined the Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs where she sang her first music project Mahal Kita Pero which was released on August 31, 2014. On that same year, she went on to sign 2 contracts with Regal Entertainment and Star Cinema. In 2015, she got her first leading role in the small screens as Sophie in the hit series Oh My G! where she outstandingly portrayed the character of an orphan teenager who blames God for the loss of her loved ones.
- Father – Juan Miguel Salvador (Former lead vocalist of the Rage Band)
- Mother – Jenine Desiderio (Former West End Musical Actress)
Janella Salvador is represented by –
- ABS-CBN Corporation, Media and Entertainment Group, Quezon City, Philippines
- Manny Valera, Management Director, Manila, Philippines
- Star Magic’s Johnny Manahan, Management Director, Manila, Philippines
Pop Rock, OPM, Musical
Vocals, Piano, Guitar, Cello
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Janella Salvador has dated –
- Elmo Magalona (2016-2018) – Janella Salvador began a relationship with her former Born For You leading man Elmo Magalona in 2016. They were a well-loved onscreen tandem during their first few years, but the couple had called it quits in 2018 following reports claiming that Magalona was physically abusing her. In a report published on October 24, 2018, she accused her ex-boyfriend of physical abuse and further added that the abuse happened not once but twice.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Filipino descent.
- Snub Nose Type
- Plump Lips
- Long Lashes
Janella Salvador has done endorsement works for brands such as –
- Garnier Skin Care
- Great Taste
Best Known For
- Her works and achievements both as an actress and a singer
- Her role as Nikki Grace Lim in the mega-popular TV series Be Careful With My Heart
In 2015, Janella released her self-titled debut album which quickly made its way to the no. 1 spot for several weeks and became ‘Platinum’ with more than 15k physical copies sold.
In 2015, she made her theatrical film debut as Ella in the horror film Haunted Mansion.
First TV Show
In 2012, Janella made her TV show debut as Nikki Grace Lim in the long-running series Be Careful With My Heart.
Janella Salvador Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Watching Anything About Makeup
- Days Of The Week – Sunday
- Food – Pizza
- Color – Pink
- Movie – La La Land
- Song – Panalangin by Apo Hiking Society
- Pets – Cats, Dogs
- Cartoon Character – Elmo from Sesame Street
Source – Entertainment ABS-CBN
Janella Salvador Facts
- In 2019, she appeared on the horror-thriller series The Killer Bride alongside Maja Salvador.
- She was nominated for the “Best Appearance in a Music Video” award after playing the love interest in Enchong Dee’s Chinito Problems which was released on November 7, 2014.
- In 2016, she won the PMPC Star Award for Music in the “Best New Female Recording Artist” category.
- After her performance in Disney in Concert, Kia Theatre, she was chosen to sing a native language of How Far I’ll Go from Moana alongside many other singers from Southeast Asia. The video has accumulated more than 45 million views.
- She had her first solo concert, Super Janella in 2017.
- In 2017, she had a cameo for Pinoy Boyband Superstar single Unli by BoybandPH.
- Connect with Janella Salvador on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Washo Ai / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0