|Janet McTeer Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 5, 1961|
|Spouse||Joseph Paul Coleman|
Janet McTeer is an English actress who is widely recognized for having performed in several plays such as A Doll’s House (1996-1997), starred in numerous TV shows like Screen One (1990-1991) and appeared in a number of films, for instance, Albert Nobbs (2011). McTeer is the recipient of many honors and accolades including the National Board of Review Award for “Best Actress” in 1999, and getting appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 Queen’s Birthday Honours.
Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
She went to the now-defunct Queen Anne Grammar School for Girls. She attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and kickstarted a successful theatrical career with the Royal Exchange Theatre after graduating.
- Father – Alan McTeer
- Mother – Jean McTeer
- Siblings – Helen McTeer (Sister)
She has been represented by Curtis Brown Group Ltd. and MGMT Entertainment.
Her net worth was $4 million dollars according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Joseph Paul Coleman (2010-Present) – She got married to poet and fashion consultant Joseph Coleman on August 27, 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Scottish and English descent.
- Tall stature
- Expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
Janet McTeer Favorite Things
- Character She Has Wanted To Be In Her Avatar Life – An opera singer, A ballet dancer, Jason Bourne or James Bond
- Subject In School – British History having always been fascinated by the history of England
Source – NY Times
Janet McTeer Facts
- She spent her childhood in York.
- Janet has recalled that she had got a job selling coffee at the York Theatre, after which, she had met theatre people and felt something to have clicked. She had felt so much at home that she made up her mind to go to drama school, just based on that feeling.
- Prior to every audition, she would put post-it notes on her mirror that reminded her that someone had to succeed and there was no reason why it should not be her.
- She has felt that life would be sad if she could not see plays. She has been thrilled to be in the theatre when the lights go down, the moment never having failed to excite her.
- McTeer has felt lucky to have her home in Maine having known from her childhood that she would need a place to escape to, even if it was only for a stroll in the countryside. She has got very claustrophobic in towns after a while and has gone to Maine as she has loved the pace, culture, fashion, coffee, and people there. She has got inspired and fulfilled by being there after which she has liked to just be in nature.
- She has often looked out the window in her home and watched the rain and trees, and felt her brain getting emptied with everything between characters getting cleared out. She has found it necessary to take breaks from the stimulus of the world.
- She has enjoyed following National Geographic on Instagram and seeing photographs of the natural world, and of places that she has never been to.
- Janet has observed that the older one gets the better he or she gets, simply due to having seen more.
- She has believed that she has girly hands and has liked using them a lot when she has talked, having found doing so very feminine.
Featured Image by Janet McTeer / Instagram