|Jarno Trulli Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 13, 1974|
Jarno Trulli is an Italian former professional racing driver who had competed in the premier Formula One tier from 1997 to 2011 with his best result coming in the 2004 season where he had finished in the 6th place. That was also the year in which he won the only F1 race of his career, the 2004 Monaco Grand Prix. He was renowned for his ability to consistently earn better grid positions in qualifying than his rivals with superior cars, and for his defensive driving skills which helped him sustain his grid position and hold off his opponents for more or less the entire race duration. This phenomenon; coupled with the comparatively slower cars that he was dealt with throughout his career, would often cause a line of cars behind him which would struggle to get past him; came to be known as the ‘Trulli Train’ by F1 commentators, fans and journalists. He was scheduled to start the 2012 F1 season but retired prematurely. He later founded a racing team named Trulli GP for whom he competed in the inaugural 2014-15 season of the all-electric FIA Formula E Championship.
Pescara, Abruzzo, Italy
Professional Racing Driver (Retired)
- Father – Enzo Trulli
- Mother – Franca Trulli
10 – Formula E
Formula One Teams
Jarno has raced for –
- Minardi Team (1997)
- Prost Gauloises Blondes (1997)
- Gauloises Prost Peugeot (1998-1999)
- Benson & Hedges Jordan (2000)
- Benson & Hedges Jordan Honda (2001)
- Mild Seven Renault F1 Team (2002-2004)
- Panasonic Toyota Racing (2004-2009)
- Lotus Racing (2010)
- Team Lotus (2011)
- Caterham F1 Team (2012) (Pre-Season Test Driver)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jarno has dated –
- Barbara Mercante (1999-Present) – Jarno began dating Italian architect Barbara Mercante in 1999 after meeting her for the first time in Florence. They got married in 2004 in the same city and have 2 sons together named Enzo Trulli (b. 2005) (Kart Racer) and Marco Trulli (b. 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Lean physique
- Center-parted, wavy hair
- Often sports a mullet
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
He has served as the brand ambassador for the men’s clothing and fashion brand Angelo Galasso.
Jarno Trulli Facts
- Both of Jarno’s parents were motorsports fans and they had decided to name him after Jarno Saarinen, the Finnish Grand Prix motorcycle racing champion who was killed at the Autodromo Nazionale di Monza race track in Italy. The unfortunate accident had occurred just a year before his birth.
- He had started his racing journey at an early age with karts and had won the Karting World Championship in 1991, at the age of just 17. He had also triumphed at the Senna Memorial World Cup in both 1994 and 1995.
- Before joining F1 in 1997, he had won the German Formula 3 Championship in 1996 and had stood 2nd and 3rd at the Macau Grand Prix in successive years.
- He co-owns a vineyard in his home province of Abruzzo and produces his own self-titled brand of wine. He also owns a range of karts named Trulli Kart.
Featured Image by Jarno Trulli / Instagram