|Jasmine Cephas Jones Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 21, 1989|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Jasmine Cephas Jones is an American actress and singer who has followed into her father’s footsteps to become an actor. She has also inherited her mother’s vocal skills and has proved herself as an accomplished singer. Jasmine has even managed to win Grammy Award for her work in the Hamilton soundtrack album. She got her breakthrough with the acclaimed play, Hamilton. Her mainstream theatrical roles have come in movies such as Blindspotting and Dog Days.
Jasmine Cephas Jones
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Jasmine Cephas Jones went to the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts in New York City. She later polished her acting skills at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre in New York City. She graduated from her acting course in 2011.
- Father – Ron Cephas Jones (Actor)
- Mother – Kim Lesley (Jazz Singer)
Jasmine Cephas Jones is represented by New York-based ATA Management.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jasmine Cephas Jones has dated –
- Anthony Ramos (2015-2021) – In 2015, Jasmine started going out with actor Anthony Ramos. They had first met while rehearsing for the Off-Broadway production of Hamilton at The Public Theatre. On December 24, 2018, they got engaged. In November 2021, the couple separated after dating for almost 6 years.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
She has African-American ancestry on her father’s side, while, on her mother’s side, she is of English descent.
Jasmine Cephas Jones has used her social media posts to endorse products and brands such as Alice + Olivia by Stacey Bendet.
Best Known For
- Being cast in a supporting role in the romantic comedy movie, Dog Days. Her father Ron Cephas Jones was also cast in a supporting role in the movie.
- Having played the dual role of Maria Reynolds and Margarita “Peggy” Schuyler Van Rensselaer in the musical, Hamilton. She performed in the Broadway as well as the Off-Broadway production of the play.
As a Singer
Jasmine has lent her voice to a couple of musicals she has been cast in. She even won a Grammy Award in recognition for her performance as one of the principal soloists on the Hamilton soundtrack album.
In 2013, she made her theatrical film debut in the drama movie, Titus. Her father was cast in the title role, while, she played a supporting role in the movie.
First TV Show
In 2013, Jasmine Cephas Jones made her first TV show appearance in the Justice Served episode of the police procedural TV series, Blue Bloods.
Jasmine regularly hits the gym to keep herself in top shape. She relies on the guidance of Olivia Rose for nutrition and her workout plans. Rose often mixes her workouts and gets her to work outdoors as well.
Jasmine Cephas Jones Facts
- She has collaborated with Lou & Grey to launch her exclusive collection of apparel items and fashion accessories. Her initial collection included 14 soft sweatshirts and t-shirts and 14-karat gold necklaces.
- Jasmine started singing at a very young age. She used to accompany her mother to her music gigs. She also used to regularly participate in the talent shows.
- At the Neighborhood Playhouse for theater, she studied the Meisner method of acting. It was a pretty intense experience but it helped her immensely in her career.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Jasmine Cephas Jones / Instagram