|Jay Bouwmeester Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1983|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Jay Bouwmeester is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman who has played with teams such as Florida Panthers, Calgary Flames, and St. Louis Blues. He has also been a part of many international competitions and has won several accolades as well.
Jay Daniel Bouwmeester
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Ice Hockey Defenceman
- Father – Dan Bouwmeester (School Teacher and Coach in Edmonton, Played defence for the University of Alberta Golden Bears Hockey Team)
- Mother – Gena Bouwmeester
- Sibling – Jill Bouwmeester (Older Sister)
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Skating ability
Jay Bouwmeester Facts
- He started playing at a very young age and was a naturally gifted child.
- His father has revealed that Jay Bouwmeester was able to handle a hockey stick even during his early years and soon after he started walking, he learned skating too.
- Growing up, he also played soccer, baseball, volleyball, and basketball.
- In 1996, Jay Bouwmeester was a part of a minor ice hockey team from Edmonton that participated in the Quebec International Pee-Wee Hockey Tournament.
- He participated in the 2014 Winter Olympics and won a gold medal for Canada.
- Jay Bouwmeester went through a major health issue when he suffered a cardiac episode and collapsed on the bench during a game against the Anaheim Ducks at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California on February 11, 2020. He underwent an Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) procedure on February 14, 2020.
- He became the 29th member of the Triple Gold Club after he won the Stanley Cup in 2019 as he has had already won 2 gold medals in World Championships and an Olympic gold medal.
Featured Image by Michael Miller / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0