|Jay Shetty Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 6, 1987|
Jay Shetty is an English author, former monk, podcast host, entrepreneur, and life coach who is best known for his health and wellness podcast titled On Purpose where he hosts several Hollywood A-list celebrities discussing with them a wide variety of subjects including mental health and life purpose. A renowned public speaker, he has spoken to audiences at global brands including Google, Nasdaq, HSBC, and Barclays, on topics including social media, branding, innovation, creativity, and mindfulness. His self-titled YouTube channel has amassed more than 4 million subscribers. He is popular on other social media platforms as well with more than 300k followers on Twitter and more than 9 million followers on Instagram. In 2020, he had released a book titled Think Like a Monk which focuses on themes such as reducing stress and improving focus, based on his experience as a monk. The same year, he had also released a related book titled Think Like a Monk: The Secret of how to Harness the Power of Positivity and be Happy Now. He is also the co-founder of a video production company called Icon Media.
Barnet, North London, London, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jay had attended the Queen Elizabeth’s School, Barnet, a boys’ grammar school in northern Greater London. He had later joined the Cass Business School, the business school of City, University of London, a public research university in London. He had graduated from there with a degree in business administration.
Author, Former Monk, Podcast Host, Entrepreneur, Life Coach
- Siblings – He has a younger sister.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jay has dated –
- Radhi Devlukia (2016-Present) – Jay had married social media influencer Radhi Devlukia in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Has a tattoo on his neck
Jay Shetty Facts
- While he was at Cass Business School, Jay had attended a session by Gauranga Das, a monk who had been invited at the institution to give a talk on selflessness and living a minimalist lifestyle. Jay was so influenced by the session that he followed the monk for the remainder of his lecture tour around the United Kingdom.
- He had then moved to India where he had interned at several corporations while also training with the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. Influenced by the organization, he had then followed a Vedic monk lifestyle at an ashram in Mumbai.
- After leaving the minimalist lifestyle, he had joined the multinational company Accenture, working on digital strategy and as a social media coach for their executives. His work had was noticed by the Huffington Post who had invited him to produce videos for them in New York.
- He was included in the ‘Forbes 30 Under 30 Europe’ list in 2017. He had also been recognized at the 2018 Streamy Awards and the 2019 Shorty Awards.
- His podcast, On Purpose, had reached 64 million downloads within a year of its launch.
Featured Image by Jay Shetty / Instagram