|Jayden Seales Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 10, 2001|
Jayden Seales is a Trinidadian professional cricketer who has represented the West Indies in the longer formats of the sport (Tests and ODIs), as a frontline pace bowler. Before breaking into the senior national team in June 2021, he had participated in the 2020 Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup, helping his team finish in a creditable 5th place. In the Caribbean domestic circuit, he has played for his home country of Trinidad and Tobago (2022-Present) across all 3 formats. In the CPL (Caribbean Premier League), he has represented Trinbago Knight Riders (2020-Present). In the LPL (Lanka Premier League), he has turned out for Jaffna Kings (2021).
Jayden Nigel Tristen Seales
Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
- Mother – Ann Marie Seales
- Others – Jalarnie Seales (Cousin) (Cricketer)
He has been represented by Insignia Sports International, Sports Talent Management Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
- 33 – Test Match, One Day International (ODI)
- 9 – Trinbago Knight Riders (CPL)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jayden has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Afro-Trinidadian descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed goatee
- Wears ear studs
He has been sponsored by Hound Cricket Gears, an Indian outdoor & sporting goods manufacturing company based out of Jalandhar, Punjab.
Jayden Seales Facts
- Jayden, in the West Indies’ first match of the 2020 Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup, against the mighty Australians, had produced a match-defining spell of 4/49 (in 8 overs). His effort had helped the West Indies restrict Australia to a below-par total of 179 runs, resulting in a 3-wicket victory. This was the first win in 8 attempts for the West Indies against Australia in the Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup.
- In the team’s last group stage game, against Nigeria, he had recorded figures of 4/19 in 6 overs to help the West Indies bundle their opponents out for just 57 runs, resulting in a humongous 246-run victory.
- In March 2021, Cricket West Indies (CWI), the governing body for cricket in the West Indies (a sporting confederation of over a dozen mainly English-speaking Caribbean countries and dependencies that once formed the British West Indies) named Jayden as a developmental player for the first match of the 2-match bilateral home test series against Sri Lanka.
- In June 2021, he was named in a 17-man provisional squad for a 2-match bilateral home test series against South Africa. This came as a surprise to many because he had played just 10 professional matches until then which included just a solitary first-class match. Jayden made his test match (and international) debut in the first match of that series against South Africa. Although the West Indies lost that match by an innings and 63 runs, he took 3 wickets including a wicket in the very first over that he bowled.
- In August 2021, in the first match of a 2-match bilateral home test series against Pakistan, he recorded the first 5-wicket haul of his test match career. His 5/55 in the second innings of the match made him the youngest cricketer from the West Indies to achieve this feat, breaking Alf Valentine’s record that was set in 1950.
Featured Image by Jayden Seales / Instagram