|Jazz Jennings Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 6, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jazz Jennings is an LGBT rights activist. She herself was born male but she identified herself as a female. She has released several books and has appeared on television on her own reality show “I Am Jazz”. Jazz is one of the youngest people to be documented as transgender.
Jazz, Jazz Mergirl, Miss Jazz
South Florida, United States
Jazz went to Broward Virtual School where she was a valedictorian of the class of 2019. Jazz was then accepted to Harvard University, however, she decided to delay her entry.
YouTube personality, spokesmodel, television personality, LGBT rights activist
- Father – Greg Jennings
- Mother – Jeanette Jennings
- Siblings – Ari Jennings (Older Sister), Sander Jennings (Twin Older Brother), Griffen Jennings (Twin Older Brother)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
In a video posted on her YouTube channel in July 2014, she revealed that she identifies as pansexual.
- Prominent Nose
- Fuller Lips
- Short Height
In March 2015, Jazz was signed up by Clean & Clear to appear in their TV commercials. The company also made her a spokesmodel for their See The Real Me digital campaign.
Jazz has used her status as an influential social media personality to earn generous fees for digital promotion. She often uses her pictures and other social media updates to promote products such as
- Wilde Vertigga (Gender-neutral fashion line)
- Smile Direct Club
She has also done modeling for the charitable organization NOH8 Campaign, which works to promote LGBT marriage and LGBT causes through social media, advocacy, and education.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most vocal and popular transgender icons in the US.
- Her strong presence on the social media platforms such as Instagram on which she has over 750k followers and YouTube where she has more than 500k subscribers.
First TV Show
In 2007, Jazz Jennings made her first TV show appearance on My Secret Self: A Story of Transgender Children episode of the news-documentary series, 20/20.
In a bid to lose 30 lbs for her sex correction surgery, Jazz adopted a more healthy and active lifestyle. She made it a point to walk or run for at least 3 miles daily. Her father played an important role in overhauling her sedentary lifestyle.
She also tries to drink 2 gallons of water daily.
Jazz Jennings Favorite Things
- Food – Anything chocolate, chocolate milkshake
- Disney Movies – The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid
- Movie – Cloud Atlas (2012)
- Shoes – Birkenstock
Source – Us Magazine
Jazz Jennings Facts
- She was born as a male. Then, she was diagnosed at the age of 5 with gender identity disorder, which made her one of the youngest people to be documented as transgender.
- While growing up, her parents used to dress her up in gender-neutral clothing but she wanted to dress up in feminine clothes. She made it clear that she wanted to identify as a female.
- When she was 6 years old, Jazz and her parents started appearing on national TV shows to discuss the challenges of growing up as a transgender child.
- In 2007, with the help of her parents, she established TransKids Purple Rainbow Foundation, which works to support transgender youth.
- In 2011, Jazz and her family were featured in the documentary, “I Am Jazz: A Family in Transition”, which was aired on Oprah Winfrey Network.
- At 8, she made her first fabric mermaid tail using a sewing machine.
- In 2013, she started her company called Purple Rainbow Tails, which manufactures rubber mermaid tails. The proceeds from the sales are used to support transgender children.
- At the age of 5, she started playing soccer. However, she was banned from playing the sport at the competitive level at the age of 8 for 2 years because of being transgender.
- In 2013, she finally managed to win in her crusade to get United States Soccer Federation (USSF) to change their policy that would allow trans students to play on the girls’ team.
- In September 2013, she collaborated with Jessica Herthel, the director of the Stonewall National Education Project, to write I am Jazz. In the book, she discussed her life as a transgender kid.
- In 2014, the prestigious Time Magazine featured her in their piece featuring “The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014”.
- In 2014, she served as a guest at GLAAD Media Awards. She shared the stage with Zach Wahls and Lauren Foster.
- In July 2015, the reality TV series I am Jazz, which revolved around Jazz and her family premiered on TLC TV.
- In 2017, Tonner Doll Company announced their plans to manufacture dolls modeled after Jennings.
- In April 2018, it was revealed that Jazz would undergo gender confirmation surgery in June 2018.
- In 2016, her memoir Being Jazz: My Life as a (Transgender) Teen was published.
- In June 2021, Jazz revealed that she had gained almost 100 pounds in the past 2 years because of the binge eating disorder.
- Jazz loves watching anime.
- She loves drawing.
- Jazz is having 4 cats named Nemo, Luna, Leo, and Dunkin.
- She gives a great massage to her friend and family members.
- Surprisingly, she can hold a cockroach and spiders without any fear or pain. When in 6th grade, during a sleepover party, she held a cockroach in hand and chased all the girls present there.
- She is terrified of lizards. Jazz finds them roaming freely in Florida where she resides. However, her cat Nemo locates and eats those lizards.
- She loves cracking the body parts of other people.
- Jazz is afraid of wrist tendons (such a type of phobia is called carpophobia).
- She also has venephobia which is a fear of veins.
- Jazz keeps singing all the time. She loves singing.
- She got her first car which was first driven by her dad and then by her siblings.
- In 2017, she lent her voice to a teenage transgender character named Zadie in the Amazon Video animated series Danger & Eggs.
- She is a very spiritual person. Jazz meditates using her crystals.
- While young, she went to the first sleepaway camp for transgender children called Camp Aranu’tiq.
- When in 9th grade, she started playing varsity soccer. She was also awarded the title of rookie of the year.
- Jazz doesn’t like wearing makeup. Instead, she loves doing makeup on others.
- Her family is Jewish.
Featured Image by Jazz Jennings / Instagram
She has gained a sh*tload since a time when she might have been 115lbs.