|Jeff Fahey Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 29, 1952|
Jeff Fahey is an American television and film actor best known for playing the role of Captain Frank Lapidus in the ABC TV Series Lost and Deputy Marshal Winston MacBride on The Marshal. He has also acted in a number of films including Silverado, Psycho III, Miami Vice, Parker Kane, White Hunter Black Heart, The Lawnmower Man, Apocalypse II: Revelation, among others.
Jeff has also participated in a number of humanitarian efforts including, assisting in the establishment of the American University of Afghanistan, working with orphans in Kabul, and working on issues of mobility of refugees and immigrants among others.
Jeffrey David Fahey
Olean, New York United States
Jeff Fahey attended Father Baker’s High School in Buffalo New York and the Joffrey Ballet School.
- Father – Frank Fahey (Clothing Store Worker)
- Mother – Jane Fahey (Home Maker)
- Sibling – He has 12 siblings.
Jeff Fahey is managed by –
- Defining Artists Agency (Talent Agent), West Hollywood, California, USA
- Jeff Goldberg Management (Manager), Beverly Hills, California, USA
- Vox (Talent Agent Voice), Los Angeles, California, USA
6 ft or 183 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jeff Fahey has dated –
- Yancy Butler – Jeff and Yancy, an American actress have been linked to each other sometimes in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish-American descent.
- Beautiful blue eyes
- Bushy eyebrows
He hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Acting in films such as Silverado, Psycho III, Curiosity Kills, The Serpent of Death, Serpent’s Lair, Lethal Tender, The Contract, Crimson Force, Matchmaker Mary, Machete, Planet Terror, Grindhouse, The Lawnmower Man, among others
- Appearing in TV shows such as One Life to Live, Alfred Hitchcock, Miami Vice, Eye of the wolf, The Marshal, Nash Bridges, among others
Jeff Fahey made his theatrical film debut as Tyree in the 1985 film Silverado.
First TV Show
Jeff Fahey made his TV show debut as Gary Corelli in 1984 on the TV series One Life to Live.
He has led a very active life including learning dance and he applies the same discipline he acquired to everything he does. Coupled with his athletic build, we can comfortably assume Jeff leads a very active life which helps him maintain this athletic physique.
Jeff Fahey Facts
- His family moved from New York to Buffalo When he was 10 years old.
- He is the 6th child out of 13 children his parents had.
- Although growing up in a big family was tough financially, Jeff says it was also such a gift because there were so many opinions, ideas, experiences and feelings to learn from.
- When he was 17, he left home, hitchhiked and backpacked to Alaska and Europe respectively.
- He celebrated his 19th birthday in India.
- His life experiences have made him realize that in as much as there are bad people in the world; there are also many caring people all over the world.
- He has worked on a fishing boat as a crewman, and in Germany, he worked on an ambulance. He has also sold encyclopedias, vacuum cleaners, taught ballroom dancing and worked in a health club as a trainer. In Israel, he worked in a Kibbutz.
- After living in India, he went back to Buffalo and became a part of Studio Arena Theatre.
- His role in the 1985 film Silverado was his break-out role.
- He acted in One Life to Live, an American television series for 2 years.
- Jeff danced for 3 years at the Chicago Joffrey Ballet after only 8 months of lessons.
- He co-founded the workshop series American Road Production at the raft theatre in New York.
- He got his ballet scholarship at Joffrey at the age 25.
- Together with 5 of his brothers, he has a production company called Tyree Productions.
- He has visited many parts of the world including India, Israel, Europe, Alaska, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, and the Himalayas.
- He plans on raising horses on a ranch he will build.
- Jeff is a fan of medicinal herbs and has taken Ginseng for a long time.
- He takes Chamomile tea and honey every morning.
- He started his theatre career in New York.
- Jeff studied ballet so he could study movement and apply it to acting.
- The process of studying dance gave him high discipline that he uses in his work to date.
- He stumbled upon acting after losing his shoe salesman job. He secretly sat in on a practice session and that is where his interest was piqued.
- Jeff took acting classes after watching a class practicing on stage.
- He continues to act because it allows him freedom, adventure, daily challenge, and a constantly changing work environment.
- To him, the way to succeed in the acting industry is by learning how to be secure in an insecure industry and environment.
- He values honor, humor, truth, passion for life and integrity in other human beings.
- The advice he would give his younger self is ‘to be cool.’
- He has a number of nominations under his belt including: “Best Actor” for The Lawnmower Man in the 1992 Fangoria Chainsaw Awards, “Best Performance by a Lead Actor in a Single Dramatic Program” for the movie The Execution of Raymond Graham in the 1986 Gemini Awards, “Ensemble of the Year” for the TV series Lost in the 2010 Gold Derby Awards, and “Outstanding Actor – Drama Series” for the series Lost in the 2010 Monte-Carlo TV Festival.
- Jeff has worked and continues to with refugees and orphans in Kabul and Afghanistan.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by ScreamFactoryTV / YouTube