|Miranda May Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 6, 1996|
Miranda May is an American actress and comedian, best known for playing the lead role of Lou Hockhauser in the Disney TV series Bunk’d alongside Peyton List, Karan Brar, Skai Jackson, Kevin Quinn, Nathan Arenas, and Nina Lu. Miranda also had guest roles in TV series Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! (2008), ER (2008), Samantha Who? (2009), Liv and Maddie (2015), Disney Monstober (2015), and Disney Best Day Ever (2016). As a film actress, she made her theatrical film debut with a small role in The Heartbreak Kid (2007) with Ben Stiller, Michelle Monaghan, and Malin Akerman.
Miranda also appeared in movies such as Lower Learning (2008) alongside Jason Biggs and Eva Longoria, as well as short films such as The Perfect Gentleman (2010), Dog Gone Missing (2013), and Scream (2013). From a young age, she showed aspirations to be a comedian and in later years showcased her talent for stand-up comedy at well-known venues such as Brea Improv, Hollywood Improv, and Harrah’s Hotel, located in California, United States, and Nevada, United States. Miranda has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 30k followers on Twitter.
Miranda Elizabeth May
Bowling Green, Ohio, United States
- California, United States
- Florida, United States
- Ohio, United States
Miranda was homeschooled.
- Siblings – She has 3 older siblings.
Miranda May is represented by Stone, Genow, Smelkinson, Binder & Christopher (Legal Representative) in Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Dark Brown’, and ‘Ombre’ with ‘Blonde’ hair ends.
- Prominent nose
- Fuller Lips
Best Known For
- Her roles in the TV series Liv and Maddie (2015), Disney Best Day Ever (2016), and Bunk’d
- Her stand-up comedy appearances in well-known in venues such as Brea Improv, Hollywood Improv, and Harrah’s Hotel
- Promoting the body positivity movement combined with regular physical activity, following her own weight loss journey
Miranda May made her theatrical film debut as Tourist Daughter in the romantic-comedy film, The Heartbreak Kid in 2007.
First TV Show
Miranda May made her first TV show appearance as Daughter in an episode titled Pepperoni of the comedy series, Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! in 2008.
Miranda went through significant changes in body weight during her appearance as Lou Hockhauser in TV series Bunk’d. This really attracted the attention of her fans, who started asking her for tips, tricks, and advice on weight loss via social media. Miranda also began promoting body positivity and embracing physical features that make every person unique. However, she is a proponent of regular workouts, and her typical workout looked like this:
- Interval Training – 25 minutes interval
- Hip Adduction – 5 sets of 15 reps
- Ab Coaster – 3 sets of 15 reps straight, 10 reps each side
- Sit-Ups – 6 sets of 15 reps
- Stair Master – 10 minutes at level 7
- Squats – 5 sets of 15 reps
- Knees To Chest – 5 sets of 15 reps
- Triceps Press – 5 sets of 15 reps
She also does a lot of swimming, hiking, and is a big fan of cornflakes for breakfast, as well as red meat and chicken on the barbecue. Self-admittedly, she still eats snacks from time to time to soothe her sugar cravings, and her favorite candy is Reese’s.
Miranda May Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza, Mac & Cheese, Ice Cream, Cupcakes, Cookies, Donuts
- Place – Disneyland
- Hobbies – Singing, Scriptwriting, Shopping, Reading
- Animal – Dog
- Personal Quote – “Forever an adventurer.”
Source – Instagram Bio, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram
Miranda May Facts
- She began acting at the age of 8.
- She shares the same birthday as Peyton R. List, who is 2 years younger than her. The two co-starred in Bunk’d.
- When she was 10, she and her family moved to Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Miranda portrayed a young Melissa McCarthy in her guest role in the TV series Samantha Who? (2009).
- As a comedian, the audience praised her comedic timing, energetic nature, and sparkling positivity.
- Miranda has always been passionate about fashion. She often dreamt of having her own clothing line someday in her youth.
- Her biggest inspiration is American actress, comedian, producer, and model Lucille Ball, who passed away in 1989.
- She is a big animal lover and has a Markie dog named Bentley, as well as another small dog named Benny. Benny was attacked by another dog in February 2019 and went through multiple life-saving surgeries but survived.
Featured Image by Miranda May / Instagram
121 lbs? more like 221 lbs at this point.
143.5 lbs still seems too low.