|Jemma Lowe Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 31, 1990|
Jemma Lowe is a former professional British swimmer who is prominently known for the many British records that she set during her active career as a butterfly stroke swimmer. Besides that, she also earned herself a name after being announced as part of Great Britain’s 2008 and 2012 Olympic teams.
Jemma Louise Lowe
Hartlepool, England, United Kingdom
Bath, England, United Kingdom
Jemma studied at the High Tunstall College of Science. After that, she went on to attend the English Martyrs School and Sixth Form College in Hartlepool from 2006 to 2008.
She got into the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, the United States on an athletic scholarship where Jemma studied from 2008 to 2010 and attained a major in mathematics.
In 2010, she joined the Swansea Intensive Training Centre in Wales where she trained under the careful guidance of coach Bud McAllister.
Swimmer, Former Olympic Swimmer
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jemma has dated –
- Calum Jarvis – In a Tweet that she posted in December 2019, she captioned with the #fiance and #bridetobe.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Welsh ancestry on her father’s side.
She has a mole on her forehead.
Jemma Lowe Favorite Things
- Time Of The Year – Summer
Source – Twitter
Jemma Lowe Facts
- She was brought up in Hartlepool.
- Jemma was 6 years old when she started taking swimming lessons.
- While studying at English Martyrs School and Sixth Form College, she opted for the subjects maths, biology, and physical education.
- In December 2014, she joined the Bristol Zoo Gardens as a zoo ranger volunteer and continued to work there until June 2015. According to her Linkedin profile, Jemma opted to do so to expand her knowledge for animals and also to learn to protect them.
- Jemma started her career as a professional butterfly discipline swimmer in 2004, with The ASA which is located in Loughborough, Leicestershire. 10 years later, in January 2014, she was appointed as a level 2 swim teacher and swim coach by The ASA itself.
- In May 2016, she started working side-by-side with the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust as an athletic mentor who visited schools to encourage children at schools by sharing her story as an athletic swimmer.
- She started working as the business director of SwimPath UK in May 2016.
- Jemma is a qualified level-3 personal trainer. She started working as a professional personal trainer in September 2016.
- At the 2010 Commonwealth Games that were held in Delhi, India, she won a bronze medal in the 100-meter butterfly.
- She holds the record for both 100-meter and 200-meter butterfly.
- In February 2017, she announced her retirement.
- She has a pet cat and dog.
- In her free time, she likes to listen to music, dance, and go shopping. Besides that, she also loves to eat and play tennis.
Featured Image By Jemma Lowe / Twitter