Sparks, Nevada, USA
Jena had received homeschooling from 6th to 8th grade.
Then she had her 9th-grade education from Professional Children’s School, New York. She quit the school after 9th grade as she became legally emancipated. She had her General Educational Development (GED) at some point in her life.
She has also studied photography at a community college in Northern California, beginning in the fall of 2002.
- Father – Edward Berge
- Mother – Deborah “Debbie” Malone (Community Theatre Actor)
- Siblings – Madison Mae Malone (Younger Sister)
She was raised by a single mother and her mother’s girlfriend.
Jena is now signed to The Gersh Agency, Inc.
Theater, Drama, Science Fiction, Comedy (Acting)
Vocals, Keyboard, Accordion, Guitar, Bass
She released her debut single via record label, The Social Registry.
Jena also releases her music under the band name “The Shoe.”
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Erik von Detten (1999-2000) – An American Actor. Jena and Erik had a 2-year long affair. The duo ended their affair in 2000.
- Galen Pehrson (2012-2013) – A commercial, film and music video director, Galen Pehrson started dating Jena when they met while working on his short animated film, El Gato. Their bonding was revealed during Emmy Awards 2012. They separated in 2013.
- M. Blash (2013-2015) – In August 2013, Malone started dating the actor and director M. Blash, who is known for his work in Lying (2006), The Wait (2013), etc. They dated for two years until 2015.
- Ethan DeLorenzo (2015-Present) – Since late 2015, she is dating musician Ethan DeLorenzo. They are expecting their first child together which was announced in January 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Strong and confident personality. She turned down the offer to audition for ‘Air Force One’ when she was just 12.
33-26-35 in or 84-66-89 cm
She can be easily spotted using brands like Armani, Louis Vuitton, Raphel Young etc.
Best Known For
Saved! (2004). A teen comedy-drama film involving elements of religious satire. Jena played the role of Mary Cummings in it.
First TV Show
Chicago Hope in 1996. An American medical drama TV Series. She appeared as Stacy Morissey in the episode ‘Sweet-Surrender’.
Hidden in America (1996). A TV movie about poverty in the United States. She played the role of Willa.
A-Newt; Emotional Nutrition (2006). Jena launched the album with her band namely ‘Jena Malone & Bloodstains’.
Logan Hood is the one who helps her in workout and diet. He also helped her to prepare for her role in Sucker Punch (2011).
Jena Malone Favorite Things
- Favorite Photographer – Elias Tahan
- Favorite Movie – Mouchette
- Favorite Sport – Snow Sledding
- Favorite Celebrity – Claire Danes
Jena Malone Facts
- Jena is one of the emerging and popular actresses who has worked on TV, in films, and on Broadway.
- She debuted on the big screen in the film ‘Bastard Out Of Carolina’ (1996).
- Jena has appeared in many films namely Contact (1997), Stepmom (1998), Donnie Darko (2001), Into The Wild (2007), The Ruins (2008) and Sucker Punch (2011).
- Jena has appeared as Johanna Mason in Hunger Games trilogy.
- She had lived at 27 locations by the time she was 9, including Lake Tahoe, California.
- Her mother had a girlfriend, whom she calls her Godmom.
- Jena and her mom once moved to Las Vegas, but as Jena wanted to have a career in acting, they moved to Los Angeles.
- Jena was nominated for Independent Spirit Award for Best Debut Performance and a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance in a TV Movie/Miniseries, for her role in ‘Bastard Out of Carolina’.
- Her role of Ruth Anne ‘Bone’ Boatwright in Bastard Out of Carolina led the foundation for her several Hollywood projects.