|Jena Malone Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 21, 1984|
Jena Malone is an American actor, musician, voice artist, producer, and photographer. She is known for having been cast in movies such as Sucker Punch, Bastard out of Carolina, Nocturnal Animals, Into the Wild, Inherent Vice, The Neon Demon, The Ballad of Jack and Rose, Stepmom, Contact, American Girl, Donnie Darko, Life as a House, For Love of the Game, and The Hunger Games film series. Over the years, she has received several accolades including a Saturn Award and nominations for a Golden Globe Award and Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Jena Laine Malone
Sparks, Nevada, United States
Jena had received homeschooling from 6th to 8th grade.
Then she had her 9th-grade education from Professional Children’s School, New York. She quit the school after 9th grade as she became legally emancipated. She had her General Educational Development (GED) at some point in her life.
She has also studied photography at a community college in Northern California, beginning in the fall of 2002.
Actor, Musician, Voice Artist, Producer, Photographer
- Father – Edward Berge
- Mother – Deborah “Debbie” Malone (Community Theatre Actor)
- Siblings – Madison Mae Malone (Younger Sister)
- Others – Karl Edward Berge (Paternal Grandfather), Nancy Hale (Paternal Grandmother)
Jena Malone has been signed with The Gersh Agency, Inc.
Theater, Drama, Science Fiction, Comedy (Acting)
Vocals, Keyboard, Accordion, Guitar, Bass
She released her debut single via the record label, The Social Registry.
Jena has also released her music under the band name “The Shoe.”
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $4 Million.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jena Malone has dated –
- Erik von Detten (1999-2000) – An American Actor. Jena and Erik had a 2-year long affair. The duo ended their affair in 2000.
- Galen Pehrson (2012-2013) – A commercial, film, and music video director, Galen Pehrson started dating Jena when they met while working on his short animated film, El Gato. Their bonding was revealed during Emmy Awards 2012. They separated in 2013.
- M. Blash (2013-2015) – In August 2013, Malone started dating the actor and director M. Blash, who is known for his work in Lying (2006), The Wait (2013), etc. They dated for two years until 2015.
- Ethan DeLorenzo (2015-2019) – In late 2015, she started dating photographer Ethan DeLorenzo and it was announced in January 2016 that they were expecting their first child together. Their son, Ode Mountain DeLorenzo Malone, was born in May 2016 and the couple announced their engagement on August 30, 2016. However, the relationship ended in February 2019.
- Alex Ebert (2019-Present) – She began dating composer Alex Ebert in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Jena Malone is of Norwegian, German, and Irish descent.
Strong and confident personality. She turned down the offer to audition for ‘Air Force One’ when she was just 12.
33-26-35 in or 84-66-89 cm
She can be easily spotted using brands like Armani, Louis Vuitton, Raphel Young, etc.
Best Known For
Saved! (2004). A teen comedy-drama film involving elements of religious satire. Jena played the role of Mary Cummings in it.
First TV Show
Chicago Hope in 1996. An American medical drama TV Series. She appeared as Stacy Morissey in the episode ‘Sweet-Surrender’.
Hidden in America (1996). A TV movie about poverty in the United States. She played the role of Willa.
A-Newt; Emotional Nutrition (2006). Jena launched the album with her band namely ‘Jena Malone & Bloodstains’.
Logan Hood is the one who helps her in workouts and diet. He also helped her to prepare for her role in Sucker Punch (2011).
Jena Malone Favorite Things
Jena Malone Facts
- Jena is one of the emerging and popular actresses who have worked on TV, in films, and on Broadway.
- She was raised by a single mother and her mother’s girlfriend, whom she calls her Godmom. Jena has said, “I had two moms, and it was awesome.”
- She grew up in a household that struggled financially. “We were just so poor,” Malone has said. “We’d hop out of apartments, lose jobs, find a cheaper place, get kicked out, live in cars, and live in hotels.”
- She had lived in 27 locations by the time she was 9 years old, including Lake Tahoe, California. Despite the hardships she had to face while growing up, she has stated, “I don’t think it was a tough childhood… it prepared me for this strange, gypsy lifestyle of an actor. It’s a beautiful thing to give children diversity of where to live and how to live; it makes you believe that security is built within instead of four concrete walls that you call a home.”
- She debuted on the big screen in the film ‘Bastard Out Of Carolina’ (1996).
- Jena has appeared in many films namely Contact (1997), Stepmom (1998), Donnie Darko (2001), Into The Wild (2007), The Ruins (2008), and Sucker Punch (2011).
- Jena has appeared as Johanna Mason in the Hunger Games trilogy.
- Jena and her mom once moved to Las Vegas, but as Jena wanted to have a career in acting, they moved to Los Angeles.
- Jena was nominated for Independent Spirit Award for Best Debut Performance and a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance in a TV Movie/Miniseries, for her role in ‘Bastard Out of Carolina’.
- Her role as Ruth Anne ‘Bone’ Boatwright in Bastard Out of Carolina led the foundation for her several Hollywood projects.
- In the 2016 U.S. presidential election, she endorsed Senator Bernie Sanders.
- In March 2023, Jena revealed that she was s*xually assaulted on the set of The Hunger Games.