|Jes Macallan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1982|
Jes Macallan is an American actress who is renowned for her role as Josslyn Carver in ABC drama series Mistresses and also for her character as Ava Sharpe in superhero comedy-drama Legends of Tomorrow aired on The CW. She has established herself as a versatile actress by choosing to play different characters and roles from various genres.
Jes loves to socialize and thus stay connected with her friends and family, not to mention followers, through her social profiles on Twitter and Instagram. Jes was passionate about dancing and is believed to be a good dancer. She wanted to take it up as her profession, however, destiny had something else planned for her. Being a personal person, she prefers to manage her profile personally, justifying her professional degree in International Business.
Jessica Lee Liszewski
Sarasota, Florida, United States
Jes got her initial Bachelor’s degree in International Marketing from the University of Florida and later on, graduated in acting from Maggie Flanigan Studio in New York City.
- Father – Kenneth S. ‘Ken’ Liszewski
- Mother – Theresa Marie ‘Terry’
- Siblings – Brittany Renov (Younger Sister). She has 3 more younger brothers and 2 more younger sisters.
- Others – Walter Theodore Liszewski, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Bianca Rose Rogliano (Paternal Grandmother), Margaret Latonick (Maternal Grandmother), Patrick Joseph ‘Pat’ Feheley (Maternal Grandfather)
Jes is represented by –
- Elevate Entertainment
- Innovative Artists
- Ginsburg Daniels LLP
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jes has dated –
- Jeremy Renner (2005-2010) – During the initial years of her career, Jes is said to have dated actor Jeremy Renner. She met him while working at the Film Festival in Florida. They dated each other for almost 5 years.
- Jason Gray Stanford (2011-2017) – Jes was engaged to Canadian actor Jason Gray Stanford in 2011. They got married the next year on March 17, 2012. The couple, however, parted ways in June 2017 due to growing differences between them.
- Nicholas Bishop (2018-Present) – Jes then started dating Australian actor Nicholas Bishop, who is known for his character Peter Baker in Home & Away, in 2018. He is fondly referred to as Nic.
Race / Ethnicity
Jes has Polish and Italian ancestry on father’s side whereas she is of Irish, Slovak, English, and Lithuanian descent on her mother’s side.
- Husky voice
- Athletic built
Jes has served as a brand ambassador of Best Friends Animal Society.
Best Known For
- Her character as Josslyn Carver on ABC drama series Mistresses and Ava Sharpe in The CW superhero comedy-drama Legends of Tomorrow
- Her charity and social work. She has always stood and fought for animals’ rights. Thus, she was made the brand ambassador of the Best Friends Animal Society. She has been seen actively participating in the Rally for Kids with Cancer to support pediatric cancer research at Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto, Canada.
In 2008, Jes made her film debut with the Ocean’s 7-11 in the role of Dustee.
First TV Show
In 2011, Jes appeared in just one episode titled ‘Casey Casden’ of the comedy-drama series Shameless in the role of Tammy.
Jes Macallan Facts
- Jes is a classically trained dancer and wanted to make her career in dancing for which she started training at the age of 3 for a long 20 years. However, due to a knee injury, she could not do so and moved on to make her career in acting.
- While studying at the University of Florida, Jes took up modeling assignments as well in Miami, Milan, and New York.
- When Jes moved to Los Angeles, she worked in some commercials and honed her acquired business skills by working with casting directors.
- Jes made her debut as a director and writer with her short film SELF, E which was released in June 2019. She also co-wrote the film 12 DAYS along with her friend and fellow actor Jerry O’Connell.
- Jes is highly active on social media sites like Twitter and Instagram. Yet she has managed to keep herself away from the media for negative publicity.
Featured Image by Jes Macallan / Instagram