|Jimmy Graham Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 24, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jimmy Graham is an American professional footballer who has played as a tight end for teams like New Orleans Saints and Green Bay Packers. Fighting the hardships of a rather rough childhood, he has proven himself worthy of every accolade that he has received during the course of his career. He was left at a group home by his single mother when he was a mere 11 years old boy. Living there with boys older than him, he would often get beaten up. However, hope prevailed as he was taken in by a church youth counselor and Graham started focusing on his academics as well as sports. He played basketball for around 4 years for the Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball team and then played football for a year while he was in college. Jimmy Graham also takes a major interest in aviation and is a commercial helicopter pilot. His social media feed is filled with videos of him enjoying his flights and he also enjoys a tremendous social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram and over 600k followers on Twitter.
Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States
He resides in Miami, Florida, United States.
Jimmy Graham studied at Eastern Wayne High School in Goldsboro, California and played basketball. Later, he attended the University of Miami where he played football for a year and in May 2009, he graduated with a double major in Marketing and Management.
Professional Football Player, Commercial Helicopter Pilot
- Others – Becky Vinson (Adoptive Mother), Karina (Adoptive Sister)
Jimmy Graham is represented by Encore Sports and Entertainment, Talent Management Company, California, United States.
88 – Seattle Seahawks
6 ft 7 in or 200.5 cm
120 kg or 264.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
- His touchdown celebration performing a slam dunk
- Towering height
- Ripped physique
- Chiseled facial features
Jimmy Graham has either endorsed or promoted various brands like Adidas.
Best Known For
- Serving as a tight end for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League (NFL)
- Having been recognized as a recorded performer for Seattle Seahawks for the most receptions, receiving yards, and receiving touchdowns at the tight end position only after three seasons
First Soccer Match
Jimmy Graham made his debut for the New Orleans, Louisiana based football team, New Orleans Saints, as a rookie in 2010 after he was signed on a 4-year, $2.445 million rookie contract on July 28, 2010.
He made his debut with the football franchise, Seattle Seahawks, in a match against the St. Louis Rams in the 2015 season. He had 6 receptions for 51 yards and a touchdown in the match which was eventually won by the St. Louis Rams.
On September 9, 2018, Graham made his debut, limited to two receptions for eight yards, for the Green Bay Packers in a match against the Chicago Bears.
First TV Show
Jimmy Graham made his first TV show appearance as himself in the sports series, NFL Monday Night Football, in 2010.
In 2017, Jimmy Graham went all the way to shed 20 pounds after he was advised to do so by football player Tony Gonzalez. Tony had advised Graham that it is helpful if one sheds a bit weight as one gets older. So, Graham followed the advice and later revealed that he felt a hundred times better after losing weight and now maintains a shredded physique.
Jimmy Graham Facts
- He had a rough childhood and was brought up by a single mother until the age of 11.
- At the age of 11, Jimmy Graham was put in a group home by his mother.
- His experience of the group home was rather harrowing as he was beaten up by the older inmates.
- He was later adopted by a church youth counselor during his high school years. This helped him improve his grades and develop the athlete inside him and he became an avid basketball player and also earned a basketball scholarship.
- While playing for the Miami Hurricanes men’s basketball team, Jimmy Graham trained under the guidance of head coach Frank Haith from 2005 to 2009.
- At his college graduation ceremony in 2009, he was honored by President Donna Shalala.
- He was scouted by the agents after he had played college football for just a year.
- It was on December 19, 2010, that Jimmy Graham scored 2 receiving touchdowns in the same game for the first time in a match against the Baltimore Ravens.
- The 2011 season with New Orleans Saints was Graham’s first full year as a starter after which he had 99 receptions for 1,310 yards and 11 touchdowns, made his first Pro Bowl, and also became the first tight end in the team’s history to have more than 1,000 receiving yards in a season.
- Jimmy Graham also broke former footballer Kellen Winslow’s NFL record of 1,290 receiving yards in a season by a tight end during the Saints’ Week 17 win over the Carolina Panthers in the 2011 season. However, the record again got broken by Rob Gronkowski the very same day. In the same season, he was named a second-team All-Pro by the Associated Press and Pro Football Focus.
- During his 2012 season with New Orleans Saints, he was named as the NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance in the match against Atlanta Falcons.
- As the NFL banned goalpost dunks, Graham became the first player to be penalized under the new rule as he performed his trademark touchdown celebration after his touchdown against the Falcons.
- The 2013 season proved out to be a successful season for him and he was named to the Pro Bowl, earned First Team All-Pro Honors, and was ranked #10 by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2014.
- In 2014, he became the highest-paid tight end in the league at the time as he signed a four-year deal with $21 million guaranteed and a total value of $40 million over the four years.
- Jimmy Graham ended up wearing number #88 for the Seattle Seahawks because number #80 was retired in honor of former footballer, Steve Largent.
- On March 16, 2018, he became a part of the Green Bay Packers after he signed a three-year, $30 million contract with the team.
- Graham totally loves flying planes. His Instagram account is filled with his pictures and videos depicting his love for aviation.
- Visit his official website @ thejimmygraham.com.
- Follow Jimmy Graham on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Jimmy Graham / Instagram