|Joe Gatto Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 5, 1976|
Joe Gatto is an American comedian, actor, producer, and podcaster who is best known for being part of the comedy troupe The Tenderloins. He is also known for the pranks he plays on an unsuspecting live audience in order to complete challenges set by his partners Sal, Q, and Murr on TruTv’s hit sitcom, Impractical Jokers. Joe has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter, and 800k plus followers on Facebook.
Joseph Anthony Gatto Jr.
Staten Island, New York City, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Joe studied at the Monsignor Farrell High School. Later, he graduated with a degree in accounting from LIU Post.
Comedian, Actor, Producer, Podcaster
- Father – Joseph Anthony Gatto Sr.
- Mother – Gerri Amato (Secretary)
- Siblings – Gina Gatto (Older Sister), Carla Gatto (Older Sister)
As a part of The Tenderloins, he is represented by –
- Jack Rovner and Dexter Scott of Vector Management
- Martin Lesak, Jason Heyman & Nick Nuciforo, Brittany Balbo, and Jason Heyman & Logan Eisenberg of United Talent Agency
- Danny Passman of Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown (Legal Agency)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe has dated –
- Bessy Gatto (2013-2021) – Joe had been dating Bessy long before they could get married on September 2, 2013. The couple had their first child a girl named Milana Gatto on May 7, 2015, and on July 31, 2017, they had their 2nd child, a boy named Remington Joseph Gatto. In December 2021, Joe announced that he and Bessy were splitting up after 8 years of marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
Salt & Pepper
He is bald on the frontal region of his head.
Joe has either endorsed or promoted brands such as –
- Universal Orlando Resort
- Animal Care Centers of NYC
- North Shore Animal League
- The Bear Factory
- The Hero Round Table
Best Known For
- Co-founding the comedy troupe The Tenderloins
- Having been a founding member of the show Impractical Jokers from 2011
- Supporting several animal shelter organizations such as the Best Friends Animal Society
First TV Show
Joe made his debut TV show appearance as one of the jokers in Impractical Jokers in 2011.
Joe Gatto Favorite Things
- Story – When his nephew dropped the top of his cannoli but, didn’t want to put the remaining cannoli down, so he just planted his face on the table.
- Things – Puppy, Donut
Source – ScreenerTV.com, Instagram
Joe Gatto Facts
- He is very close to his mother and father and often lashes out on fans who speak about them on social media.
- In 2013, he lost his mother Gerri Amato at the age of 67. She worked as a secretary at the St. Adalbert’s School in Elm Park.
- Joe’s father was 28 years old when he passed away in 1995.
- He and his best buddies Sal Vulcano, Brian Quinn, and James Murray were all raised in Staten Island, New York. They met one another in 1990 at religion class at the Monsignor Farrell High School in Staten Island.
- Joe was on the high school math and bowling team.
- During his early years, he would invite his friends over to his place to practice improv which eventually led to the birth of The Tenderloins in 1999.
- Till January 2011, he worked at a store called Giggle, which dealt with baby products.
- In 2014, a parody about his death went viral across the internet.
- In 2017, he starred as an officer in the show 12 Monkeys.
- He co-hosts the podcast Pizza Beer Revolution alongside Mike Pullano and actor, comedian Derek DeAngelis.
- Joe is very fond of animals and wholeheartedly supports several foundations dedicated to them like Animal Care Centers of NYC and North Shore Animal League.
- He has 2 pet dogs.
- In December 2021, Joe announced that he was leaving Impractical Jokers.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Joe Gatto / Instagram