|Joe Ingles Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 1987|
Joe Ingles is an Australian professional basketball player who has played for the Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Joseph Howarth Ingles
Joe Ingles studied at Springbank Secondary College (formerly known as Pasadena High School).
Along with future Boomers teammates Brad Newley and Patty Mills, he also attended Lake Ginninderra College and the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) in Canberra.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Tim Ingles
- Mother – Lynne Ingles
- Siblings – Megan Ingles (Sister)
Small Forward / Shooting Guard
6 ft 9 in or 205.5 cm
100 kg or 220.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe Ingles has dated –
- Renae Ingles (née Hallinan) (2013-Present) – He started going out with former Australia netball international player Renae Ingles in 2013 and she announced via Twitter in August 2014 that the duo had decided to get married. They tied the knot at Bird in Hand Winery in Adelaide on August 29, 2015. The next year, she announced in January that she would not be playing in the 2016 season as she was pregnant. She eventually gave birth to twins, a girl and a boy, who were born in the northern hemisphere summer of 2016. It was later revealed that their son Jacob has been diagnosed with autism and that has led Joe to be an advocate for autism awareness. She announced on Instagram in May 2020 that she was pregnant with the couple’s third child who was born later in the year.
Race / Ethnicity
Joe Ingles Facts
- He played junior basketball for the Southern Tigers.
- From 2005 to 2006, Joe played basketball for AIS in the South East Australian Basketball League.
- During his younger years, Joe Ingles also played Australian rules football and cricket (along with basketball) but gave up both sports to focus on basketball.
- Growing up, he aspired to someday play for the Adelaide 36ers and Australia.
- In 2006, he was a highly sought-after player when he came out of the AIS. He later met with the 36ers as a 17-year-old but a couple of Adelaide blunders set him off interstate. Talking about the situation, he once stated, “The minimum salary at the time was $20–$22,000 and while money wasn’t a primary concern for me, they offered me a two-year deal at $12,500 per, plus two season tickets.” At that time, he had offers from many other bidders who were offering him at least the minimum, and many of them provided additional incentives.
- Joe Ingles decided not to sign with Adelaide 36ers when his contract from the club arrived with his first name misspelled as “Joesph”. It did not leave a good impression on Ingles or his family and he consequently moved his attention to Melbourne.
- He signed a multi-year deal with the South Dragons of the National Basketball League on March 17, 2006. He became the very first player to sign with the club. While playing in the club’s debut game, the 18-year-old Ingles made league history by scoring the most points by an Australian on debut – 29, on 11-of-15 shooting from the field. This led to him earning the NBL Rookie of the Year Award.
- He signed with Spanish club CB Granada of the Liga ACB in July 2009. The following year in November, he transferred to FC Barcelona, signing a 3-year deal with the club.
- He signed with the Israeli club Maccabi Tel Aviv on July 24, 2013. His side won the 2013–14 EuroLeague championship.
- In October 2014, Joe Ingles signed with the Utah Jazz and made his NBA debut on October 29, 2014, playing four minutes but only had a missed three-point attempt in a loss to the Houston Rockets.
- He is a huge supporter of the Hawthorn Football Club in the Australian Football League and has also been good friends with former Hawk Jarryd Roughead.
Featured Image by Frenchieinportland / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0