Joseph Hayden Thomas
Brookfield, Wisconsin, United States
Thomas lives on the West Side of Cleveland.
Joe Thomas went to the Brookfield Central High School and graduated in 2003.
He then got enrolled at the University of Wisconsin to major in business administration. He also had admission offers from the University of Colorado Boulder, University of Notre Dame, and University of Nebraska–Lincoln.
Professional NFL Player
- Father – Eric Thomas
- Mother – Sally Thomas
- Siblings – Unknown
Joe Thomas is represented by Peter Schaffer.
Large and Athletic
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
142 kg or 313 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe Thomas has dated –
- Annie Thomas – Joe Thomas met his wife, Annie while studying at the University of Wisconsin. She was an accomplished player in the university. They got engaged the year he was drafted by Cleveland Browns. However, their engagement took place before the draft. After they moved to Cleveland, she graduated from the university and they got married. In 2013, she gave birth to their first daughter, Logan. A year later, they welcomed their second daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall and imposing physique
- Often has a messy beard
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 50 in or 127 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 18.5 in or 47 cm
- Waist – 38 in or 96.5 cm
Joe Thomas has appeared in a TV commercial for Universal Windows Direct, which is a Cleveland based company that specializes in fitting windows and doors.
Joe Thomas is a devout Christian. He has even got his daughters baptized.
Best Known For
- His storied and successful college career with the University of Wisconsin. He was considered the top college interior lineman.
- His impressive and dominant performances for Cleveland Browns, which has resulted in multiple Pro Bowl selections.
First NFL Match
In September 2007, Joe made his professional NFL debut for Cleveland Browns in a match against Pittsburgh Steelers. Steelers won the match by 34-7.
Thomas hasn’t made an appearance in a theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In April 2007, he made his first TV show appearance as himself in the popular ESPN talk show, Rome Is Burning.
To improve his hand speed and his reflexes, he adopted a unique off-season workout routine. His workout had punching drills in which he had to punch bags, wall, and even his training partner. They also had hand placement drill.
He was made to repeat these drills, again and again, to get him in a better position for the coming season. He also did strength training and conditioning workouts to improve his strength.
As per diet, he has become a lot more aware than he was when he was younger. He tries to eat a lot of protein-rich food. In the morning, he has a huge quantity of yogurt. He also puts granola and fresh fruit in his yogurt.
Joe also eats a lot of other dairy products. For extra calories in his breakfast, he adds egg sandwiches and pancakes too. He maintains his private garden and grows fresh fruits and vegetables for his consumption.
Joe Thomas Favorite Things
- Cleveland Restaurants – Crop Bistro and Dominic’s Santos
- Mission BBQ Dish – Jalapeno and cheese sausage
- Fishing Activity – Fishing for perch on Lake Erie
Source – Cleveland
Joe Thomas Facts
- He is a partner in the Cleveland based restaurant Mission BBQ. They have opened another restaurant in Parma, Ohio.
- Over the years, he has been involved with Kids in Need resource center, which is a Cleveland based charity that gets a donation of school supplies and they have teachers coming over from underserved school to collect necessary resources.
- In 2007, Thomas was picked in the first round as overall third pick by the Cleveland Browns. He was handed a contract worth $43 million with $23 million in guaranteed salary in over 6 years.
- When the draft was held, Joe was fishing with his father-in-law and father on Lake Michigan. He was informed about his pick via a cellphone call.
- In August 2011, he signed a record-breaking contract extension with Browns that was worth $84 million and he was guaranteed to earn $44 million over a seven-year period.
- In December 2014, he etched his name in the NFL history by becoming the first offensive lineman to make to the Pro Bowl in his first eight seasons. By the end of 2016, he had been nominated to the 10th straight Pro Bowl.
- In September 2017, he created another history by playing his 10,000th consecutive snap since the start of his professional NFL career. He has never missed a play in his career and is the first player to reach this milestone.
- While studying in high school, he excelled in track and field events as well. He had set a school record for discus throw of 185 ft 7 in (56.57 m) and shot put throw of 64 ft 10 in (19.76 m). He also held the record for an indoor shot put throw with a distance of 62 ft 1 1⁄4 in or 18.93 m.
- While studying in high school, he did well in academics also and was a 4-year honor roll student. He was also included in U.S. Army Academic All-America team.
- While at the University of Wisconsin, he was awarded Outland Trophy in recognition of being the nation’s top interior lineman. He was also declared as a consensus first-team All-American.
- In 2017, he revealed in an interview that he was experiencing early stage memory loss. However, he insisted that he would make sure that it doesn’t negatively affect his career.
- Follow him on Twitter.
Featured Image by Erik Drost / Flickr / CC BY 2.0