|Johannes Radebe Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 27, 1987|
Johannes Radebe is a renowned South African dancer and choreographer who is best known for participating in Strictly Come Dancing (2019) with soap actress Catherine Tyldesley. He has more than 200k followers on Instagram, more than 100k followers on Facebook, and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Zamdela, Sasolburg, South Africa
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
- Father – His father died of tuberculosis in 2001.
- Mother – Jacobeth Radebe
- Siblings – He has a sister.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
A mole near his nose
Johannes has endorsed brands such as –
- Iconic London
- The Fragrance Shop
Johannes Radebe Favorite Things
- Dance Styles – Latin, Rhythmical Samba
- Color Of Sequin – Charcoal
Source – Attitude
Johannes Radebe Facts
- He was severely bullied as a child because of his sexuality. But, he credits his mother for being his support system during this time.
- Johannes became the first openly gay professional dancer on Strictly Come Dancing in 2018.
- In 2019, he was partnered with Coronation Street actress Catherine Tyldesley in season 17 of the dance reality show but the duo finished in 11th place.
- Radebe became an internet sensation in October 2019 after strutting in high-heeled boots during a group performance to David Bowie‘s Fame on Strictly Come Dancing.
- He is best friends with fellow dancer Graziano di Prima.
- Among his dance accolades are reaching the finale of Strictly Come Dancing (South African version) twice, winning Professional South African Latin Championship on 2 occasions, and winning Amateur Latin South African Championship 3 times.
- Johannes performed with Graziano di Prima on the single Shine (by Emeli Sandé) in November 2019 in the series’ first-ever same-sex dance routine. Their historic performance was met with an extremely positive response by fans.
Featured Image by Johannes Radebe / Instagram