|John A. Davis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 26, 1961|
John A. Davis is an Oscar-nominated American film director, screenwriter, animator, voice actor and composer who is best known for his work with Nickelodeon’s Jimmy Neutron characters. He is also highly-regarded for his profound skills in stop-motion animation, computer animation, live action, and live-action/CGI hybrids. John has also lent his voice to the character Octapuke Kid, Guard, and Bennie in Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (2001) and as one of the ants in The Ant Bully (2006). He has also directed and produced several episodes for the Jimmy Neutron TV series as well as hit animated film The Ant Bully (2006). John has also been nominated for an Oscar Award in 2002 and a Primetime Emmy Award in 2000.
John Alexander Davis
Dallas, Texas, United States
John graduated from Southern Methodist University in 1984.
Film Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Animator, Voice Actor, Astrophotographer
John prefers to self-manage his career.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt & Pepper
He has a ponytail and a thick beard.
Best Known For
- Directing and producing the film The Ant Bully (2006) as well as animating the characters in the film
- Animating the characters of the Jimmy Neutron franchise
- Being nominated for an Oscar Award and Primetime Emmy Award
First Stop Motion
John made his first stop motion film titled The Bermuda Triangle in 1981.
First Theatrical Film
John’s debut theatrical film production was Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius in 2001.
John A. Davis Facts
- He developed a knack for filming at a very early age. He would use his parents 8mm camera to film stop motions of action figurines.
- John started to pursue his passion for making animated films after he watched a stop motion film called Icharus.
- While studying at the Southern Methodist University he was working on his first film Bermuda Triangle in 1981. Later, he joined a production house called K&H Productions and learned 2-D animation from Keith Alcorn.
- John is the director and creator of the Jimmy Neutron film and characters.
- He directed the film The Ant Bully (2006) after being approached by actor Tom Hanks.
- In the past, he had joined producer Dylan Sellers and writer Rob Lieber to give life to a feature film based on Neopets with Warner Bros. However, the films release date of rescheduled twice prior to it being canceled.
- In 2009, he started the Astrophotography Special Interest Group which is connected to the Texas Astronomical Society of Dallas.
- John does not seem to be active on social media.
Featured Image by Michael Bakich / Astronomy.com