|John Boyega Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
|Date of Birth
|March 17, 1992
John Boyega is an English actor and producer who is best known for portraying roles such as Moses in Attack the Block, Leroy Logan in Small Axe, Finn in the Star Wars sequel trilogy films, King Ghezo in The Woman King, and Bambi in Imperial Dreams. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Junkhearts, Half of a Yellow Sun, Detroit, The Circle, Naked Singularity, They Cloned Tyrone, 24: Live Another Day, The Whale, Law & Order: UK, Tinkershrimp & Dutch, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like Category B, Woyzeck, and Seize the Day. For his acting skills, John has been honored with numerous awards such as the Empire Award, British Academy Film Award, and Golden Globe Award.
Peckham, London, England
John went to Westminster City School in Westminster, London.
He polished his acting skills from Theatre Peckham.
He studied performing arts from South Thames College in Wandsworth. He also took admission to Greenwich University but left as his acting career had already taken a flight.
For learning and polishing his skills in acting, he went to the Identity School of Acting in Hackney, London.
- Father – Samson Boyega (Preacher)
- Mother – Abigail Boyega (Works with the disabled)
- Siblings – Grace Boyega (Sister), Blessing Boyega (Sister)
Identity Agency Group
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
87 kg or 192 pounds
Race / Ethnicity
John has Nigerian ancestry due to his parents.
He used to go to church every single day while growing up with his family.
It is not known if he still practices the habit.
Best Known For
Playing Moses in the 2011 science-fiction comedy film Attack the Block and as Finn in the 2015 epic space opera film Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
In 2011, John played the role as Moses in the science fiction comedy film Attack the Block, for which he won the Black Reel Award for Best Actor.
First TV Show
In 2011, he appeared in a pilot episode of Da Brick where he played the role as Donnie.
Then, in 2011, he appeared in 4 episodes of Becoming Human.
John Boyega Facts
- In 2015, John voiced the role of Finn in the action-adventure video game Disney Infinity 3.0.
- In April 2015, he tweeted a photo of himself washing dishes as he got punishment from his family as he didn’t tell them anything about Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- At 5, he played the role of a leopard in a school play.
- His dad wanted him to become a preacher.
- He was discovered by Teresa Earls, the Director of Theatre who saw Boyega performing in a school play and so, invited him to join his theater which was for children between ages 9 and 14.
- He was raised on a council estate in Peckham.
- His acting career started at 9.
- When he was young, he used to secretly got to acting classes. While other children in the vicinity used to play football, he was more inclined towards acting.
- John’s council estate in Peckham had people who were like drug sellers, rough, and knives and guns were their part of everyday lives. So, thankfully John didn’t go into all that stuff. While people of his age (from that council estate) are either dead or in prison.
- He is a big fan of Marvel comics and wants to play the Marvel character, Black Panther.
- Here, in this YouTube video (ASOS photoshoot), you will get to know what John’s most used word is and some other facts.
- In January 2016, he launched his production company, UpperRoom Entertainment Limited. The company reportedly made a first-look deal with VIS Kids in the past.
- In 2021, he received the Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Performance in a Series, Miniseries or Television Film” for his role in Amazon’s Small Axe.
- In the 2020 and 2021 editions of the Powerlist, Boyega’s name was included in the “Top 100 of the most influential people in the UK of African/African-Caribbean descent” list.
- According to him, the best Star Wars film is Star Wars: The Force Awakens and the worst one is Star Wars: The Last Jedi.