|John Schneider Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1960|
John Schneider is an American actor, singer, voice actor, stunt driver, screenwriter, film producer, and film director. He is known for playing Bo Duke in the CBS action-comedy series The Dukes of Hazzard, Daniel Simon in the Western drama series Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, Jonathan Kent in the superhero television series Smallville, Marshall Bowman in the ABC Family teen drama series The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Rick O’Connell (voice) in the animated series The Mummy, Jack Kinkaid in the comedy-drama series Twentysixmiles, Jeffrey Sarkossian in The CW teen drama series 90210, and Jim Cryer in the crime drama series The Haves and the Have Nots. John has also been cast in films like Ministry of Vengeance, Roe v. Wade, Conjurer, Eddie Macon’s Run, The Curse, Speed Zone, Exit to Eden, True Woman, Sydney White, The Rebound, Wild Things: Foursome, Snow Beast, October Baby, and Season of Miracles.
John Richard Schneider
Mount Kisco, Westchester County, New York, United States
Louisiana, United States
John went to Georgia School of High Performance and also to North Springs High School in Atlanta.
Actor, Voice Actor, Stunt Driver, Singer, Screenwriter, Film Producer, Film Director
- Father – John “Jack” Schneider III (Pilot; Also served in the U.S. Air Force)
- Mother – Shirley Conklin
- Siblings – Robert Schneider (Older Brother) (Artist)
John can be contacted via these companies –
- JNE Inc.
- Trail’s End Productions, Inc., California, United States
Scotti Brothers Records, MCA Nashville, FaithWorks, Johnnelly, 13 Distribution, Maven Entertainment
His net worth had been $200 Thousand according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
98 kg or 216 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Schneider has dated –
- Jennifer Granholm – Canadian-born American politician Jennifer Granholm and John hooked up with each other in the past.
- Cathy Lee Crosby – Actor Cathy Lee Crosby and John Schneider were romantically linked to each other in the past. She is 15 years his senior.
- Maria Roosakos (1978-1979) – From 1978 to 1979, John dated a girl named Maria Roosakos.
- Georganne LaPiere (1978-1979) – He was also linked with actor Georganne LaPiere between 1978 and 1979.
- Melinda Naud (1979-1983) – From June 1979 to July 1983, actor Melinda Naud and John dated each other.
- Marie Osmond (1981-1982) – From 1981 to 1982, singer Marie Osmond and John dated each other.
- Tawny Little (1982-1986) – In 1982, he started dating TV personality and former Miss America Tawny Little. They got married on July 16, 1983. But, this relationship also saw an end in March 1986, which is when they divorced.
- Carlene Carter (1986-1987) – Country music singers Carlene Carter and John were an item from 1986 to 1987.
- Kodua Michele (1987-1988) – From 1987 to 1988, John and Kodua Michele dated each other.
- Elly Castle (1991-2014) – In 1991, he commenced dating an American personality Elly Castle. On July 11, 1993, they got married. After remaining together for more than 2 decades, Elly filed for divorce on December 12, 2014, as per TMZ.com. She has 2 children, Leah and Chasen from her first marriage. Elly and John have 1 biological child, daughter Karis from this relationship.
- Alicia Allain (2015-2023) – He started going out with Alicia Allain in April 2015. She was his producing partner and owner of Maven Entertainment as well as had served as his personal and professional manager. In September 2019, the duo got married. In February 2023, it was revealed that Alicia had passed away at the age of 53.
Race / Ethnicity
He has ¾ German and ¼ Irish ancestry on his dad’s side.
- Towering height
- Athletic body
He has appeared in several TV commercials including Ortho garden care products (2003), AutoTrader.com (2014), and numerous infomercials.
Best Known For
Playing Bo Duke in the CBS series The Dukes of Hazzard from 1979 to 1985, as Jonathan Kent in the superhero fiction series Smallville and as James “Jim” Cryer on the soap opera series The Haves and the Have Nots.
In 1981, he released his debut album Now or Never via Scotti Brothers. It charted at #8 in the Top US Country albums list and #37 on Billboard 200.
In 1983, he debuted with Eddie Macon’s Run for his starring role as Eddie Macon. The film is based on the novel by James McLendon.
First TV Show
In 1979, he started appearing in the CBS action-adventure series The Dukes of Hazzard for his role as Bo Duke. He appeared in a total of 127 episodes until 1985.
Growing up as a kid, he was unhealthy like many other children. At got in shape by losing some weight at 16. He then started maintaining his body by hitting the gym regularly and doing weight training.
Until his 50s, he kept his weight around 230 pounds (or 104 kg). Though, he kept losing weight for his different roles in films and TV shows.
John has also tried Beachbody’s Body Beast workout and also the 90-day programs called P90X2, P90X3, and P90XPlus.
John Schneider Facts
- At 8, he started entertaining people as a magician.
- At 14, John relocated to Georgia with his mom.
- Late James Best was his acting mentor.
- John was best friends with James Best who died at 88 on April 6, 2015, due to pneumonia.
- John is a staunch conservative Republican.
- He initially wanted to become a racing car driver.
- To get a lead role in The Dukes of Hazzard, he lied about his actual age.