|Johnny Flynn Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 14, 1983|
Johnny Flynn is a South African-born British actor, musician, and singer-songwriter who is widely known for having portrayed Dylan Witter in the Channel 4 and Netflix sitcom Lovesick (2014–2018 ), and David Bowie in the movie Stardust (2020). He has been the lead vocalist as well as the songwriter of the band Johnny Flynn & The Sussex Wit having dropped several studio albums like A Film Score of a Bag of Hammers (2012) and various EPs including Sweet William EP (2009). Johnny is the recipient of many accolades such as being named one of Screen International’s “Stars Of Tomorrow” in 2005.
John Patrick Vivian Flynn
Johannesburg, South Africa
He bagged a music scholarship to the independent school in Winchester in Hampshire named Pilgrims School. Later on, he taught himself guitar and won a second music scholarship to Bedales School in the village of Steep that was also in Hampshire.
He then moved on to Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in order to study acting.
Actor, Musician, Singer-Songwriter
- Father – Eric Flynn (Actor & Singer)
- Mother – Caroline Forbes
- Siblings – Lillie Flynn (Younger Sister) (Actor, Musician)
- Others – Jerome Flynn (Older Half-Brother) (Actor), Daniel Flynn (Older Half-Brother) (Actor), Kerry Flynn (Older Half-Sister)
He has been represented by Management 360 and United Agents Ltd.
Folk Rock, Folk
- Transgressive Records
- Lost Highway Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Beatrice Minns – He tied the knot with theatre designer Beatrice Minns in 2011, whom he had dated on and off since he was in secondary school. They have 3 children together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, English, and Scottish descent.
- Sharp nose
- Fuller lips
Johnny Flynn Favorite Things
- Film Soundtrack – That for West Side Story, having considered its score to be one of the best musicals ever written and recalled it to have been a huge part of his childhood
Source – HotCorn.com
Johnny Flynn Facts
- He had shifted to England at the age of 2 and started living in Hampshire.
- He has disclosed that he has been a huge admirer of what the BBC has termed as “light-ent”. As his father as well as various members of his family have worked in comedy, and he himself has done sitcoms, he has perceived a great art to it. He has relished having some high-brow friends who have been hilarious about certain things, and he has seen that there is a lot of artistry to getting the slapstick thing. He has loved well-written comedies and has thoroughly enjoyed the movie Clueless.
- Johnny has attempted to keep the two worlds of acting and music separate, in order to try and maintain his integrity with both, and be taken seriously as an actor as well as a musician. He has revealed that he has gradually felt secure enough about crossing over, and has cherished it when it has happened such as in the film Emma (2020) when he was able to pen the love song to Emma from the perspective of George Knightley.
- Flynn has got emotional watching many films and scenes like the last one in Withnail has brought him to tears. He has marveled at how touching and poignant the moment is when Marwood has gone off for his acting work and Withnail is there, by the fence of London Zoo doing his Hamlet soliloquy, while the wolves are walking around.
Featured Image by Johnny Flynn / Instagram