|Johnny Weir Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 2, 1984|
Johnny Weir is a retired American figure skater, fashion designer, and television commentator who is known for his sports commentary with Tara Lipinski and with matters relating to the LGBTQ activism.
John Garvin Weir
Coatesville, Pennsylvania, United States
He attended Newark High School where he was an honor roll student. He went to study linguistics at the University of Delaware before he decided to drop out of school to focus more on his skating.
Former Figure Skater, Fashion Designer, Television Commentator
- Father – John Weir
- Mother – Patti Weir
- Siblings – Brian Weir (Younger Brother)
Johnny Weir is represented by –
- Laina Cohn – Manager of Torgan Management, California, United States.
- Jonathan Swaden – Agent of Creative Artists Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Gregg Gellman – Attorney, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Johnny Weir has dated –
- Adam Lambert (2010) – He reportedly dated singer Adam Lambert in 2010.
- Victor Voronov (2011-2015) – Weir tied the knot with Victor Voronov in a ceremony on New Year’s Eve in New York City in 2011. Following a 4-year marriage, the couple had called it quits and divorced in 2015, revealing domestic difficulties as the reason for their separation.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Norweigan ancestry.
- Fair Skin
- Plump Lips
He has done endorsement works for companies and brands such as –
- Vanity Fair
He was raised a Roman Catholic.
In February 2012, he stated that he was considering converting to Judaism.
Johnny Weir Favorite Things
- Figure Skater – Oksana Baiul
Source – Wikipedia
Johnny Weir Facts
- On October 23, 2013, he announced his retirement from competitive skating.
- He is a two-time Olympian, a two-time Grand Prix Final bronze medalist, 2008 World bronze medalist, 2001 World Junior Champion, and a three-time U.S national champion from 2004 to 2006.
- As a child, Weir was a successful equestrian who competed with his pony, My Blue Shadow, an Arabian-Shetland cross.
- He started skating at the age of 12.
- His interest in figure skating started when he was only 11 years old while watching Oksana Baiul winning the 1994 Olympic gold medal. From there, he practiced and taught himself how to jump on roller skates in his basement.
- Weir competed in pair skating with Jodi Rudden on the juvenile and intermediate levels but gave it up to concentrate on single skating.
- Weir achieved his first major victory at the age of 16.
- He skated 3 clean programs at the World Junior Championships and won the gold medal ahead of fellow American Evan Lysacek.
- In 2011, Weir published an autobiography titled Welcome to My World in which he traced the path he took to become a skating champion and outlined his philosophy. In the book, he also confirmed that he is gay.
- Aside from designing his own skating costumes, Weir has designed ice dancing costumes for Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov, and, show costumes for Oksana Baiul.
- He serves as the Board of Governors of nPlay, a non-profit organization devoted to fighting childhood obesity and promoting a healthy lifestyle for young people.
- Weir partnered with Traver Rains to gather funds for the “Trevor Project”, a national non-profit organization focused on suicide prevention among gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender youth. In 2013, he auctioned personal fashions and accessories to benefit the project.
Featured Image by Greg Hernandez / Flickr / CC BY 2.0