|Jonathan Bennett Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 10, 1981|
Jonathan Bennett started his acting career in the late 90s. Earlier, in his career, he made his mark by appearing in popular TV shows such as All My Children and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. He got mainstream exposure with his work in the comedy movie, Mean Girls. He further increased his fame by appearing in the leading role in comedy TV film, The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning.
Jonathan D. Bennett
Rossford, Ohio, United States
Jonathan Bennett studied at Eagle Point Elementary School in his hometown. Later, he attended Rossford High School from where he graduated in 1999. Then, he got enrolled at the Otterbein College. However, he dropped out of college as he wanted to focus on his acting career.
Actor, Model, Author
- Father – David Bennett (Toledo Physician)
- Mother – Ruthanne Bennett
- Others – Paul Samuel Bennett (Paternal Grandfather), Nida M. Broadwell (Paternal Grandmother), Leonard Vearl Mason (Maternal Grandfather), Emily Marion Laman (Maternal Grandmother), Brian Bennett (Paternal Half-Brother), Brent Bennett (Paternal Half-Brother), Lisa Bennett (Paternal Half-Sister)
Jonathan Bennett is represented by Primary Wave Entertainment.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonathan Bennett has dated –
- Elizabeth Hendrickson (2001-2003) – In 2001, Bennett started going out with actress Elizabeth Hendrickson. As per reports, they had grown close while shooting for the sitcom, All My Children. They dated for around 2 years before calling it quits in 2003.
- Stephanie Pratt (2012) – In September 2012, Bennett was linked with American TV personality, Stephanie Pratt. The cause of the alleged link-up was the picture of them posted on social media.
- Matt Dallas (2014-2015) – In 2014 and 2015, Jonathan was rumored to be dating American actor, Matt Dallas. They had been spotted together on a couple of occasions which sparked the dating rumors.
- Jaymes Vaughan (2017-Present) – In October 2017, Jonathan revealed that he was going out with TV personality and host, Jaymes Vaughan. He even posted a picture of them together in the first week of November to make their relationship public. The couple got engaged in November 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, German, Scots-Irish, Northern Irish, and Irish ancestry.
In October 2017, he came out as gay.
Best Known For
- Being the host of the Food Network show, Cake Wars
- Having played the role of Casey Grant in the teen noir mystery drama TV series, Veronica Mars
- Having portrayed J. R. Chandler in the popular and long-running TV show, All My Children
In 2003, he made his feature film debut in the drama movie, Season of Youth. His performance in his debut movie was so impressive that he won Palm Beach International Film Festival Award for Best Actor.
First TV Show
In 1997, Jonathan Bennett made his first TV show appearance in Habadadery episode of the BBC sitcom, Dad.
Jonathan Bennett is a huge fan of spin classes. In fact, he is so much into the Spin classes that he has become a certified Spin Instructor. In October 2013, he was reported to be working for Flywheel LA as an instructor.
Jonathan Bennett Favorite Things
- Dessert – Fonuts
Source – Harper’s Bazaar
Jonathan Bennett Facts
- Immediately after moving to New York City, he secured a role in the sitcom, All My Children. Previously, he had also made a couple of TV show appearances.
- He got his first big breakthrough in 2004 after he was cast opposite Lindsay Lohan in the comedy movie, Mean Girls.
- In September 2014, he participated in the popular reality show, Dancing with the Stars and finished in the 9th spot.
- Jonathan was spotted by an acting agent while he was sitting in a train.
- In 2015, he was appointed as the host of the cooking competition show, Cake Wars, broadcasted on Food Network.
- For his high school prom, he took along actress Rebecca Reichert who is best known for appearing in The Perfect Score and Firewall.
- Jonathan was brought in as Ryan Reynolds‘ replacement in the lead role in the comedy movie, Van Wilder: Freshman Year, which was released in 2009.
- In 2018, he collaborated with Nikki Martin to publish a non-fiction book, The Burn Cookbook: An Unofficial Unauthorized Cookbook for Mean Girls Fans.
Featured Image by Jonathan Bennett / Instagram