|Jonathan Taylor Thomas Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 8, 1981|
Jonathan Taylor Thomas is a popular 90s heartthrob that has donned the walls of many youngsters. He became a popular household name as Randy Taylor in Home Improvement which ran for 8 glorious years. He has equally been bestowed with much recognition like the Kids’ Choice Awards and Young Artist Awards. Most memorable of all was the first ever Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Lifetime Achievement Award presented to him in 1999. He is also a Harvard University graduate with a dual degree in Philosophy and History.
Jonathan Taylor Weiss
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
Sacramento, California, United States
Jonathan Taylor Thomas studied in Sargeant Elementary School in Roseville, California and in the year 2000, he completed his senior high school from Chaminade College Preparatory School, West Hills, California, with a distinction.
Then, he joined Harvard University for a dual degree in Philosophy and History. He completed his final and third year at St. Andrews University in Scotland. Much later in 2010, he successfully received another Bachelor’s Degree Program for General Studies from the Columbia University.
Actor, Director, Voice Actor
- Father – Stephen Weiss (Industrial Sales Manager)
- Mother – Claudine Gonsalves (Personal Manager, Social Worker)
- Siblings – Joel Thomas Weiss (Older Brother) (Former Assistant Coach for a college in Louisiana)
- Others – Jeff Weiss (Uncle) (Actor, Playwright), Ben Weiss (Nephew), Jordan Weiss (Nephew), Helen Weiss (Grandmother), Rev. Benjamin Weiss (Paternal Ancestor (1849-1901)) (Minister in the German Reformed Church)
Jonathan Taylor Thomas is managed by Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, U.S.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonathan Taylor Thomas has dated –
- Scarlett Pomers – Jonathan reportedly dated actress, singer, and songwriter, Scarlett Pomers. It is not known how or where they met as Jonathan is a very private person and has hardly acknowledged his relationships in public.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Pennsylvania Dutch, Swiss-German, Irish, French, and Portuguese ancestry.
He prefers to dye his hair ‘dark brown’.
- High forehead
- Dipping rounded chin
- Dimpled smile
Jonathan Taylor Thomas has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Burger King TMNT Kids Meal (1990)
- Batcopter Toy (1990)
- Right Decision Right Now Campaign against Drug Usage
- Kellogg’s Cereal
Best Known For
- His role as Randy Taylor in Home Improvement (1991–1998) which made him a common household star
- Voicing the character of young Simba in Disney’s The Lion King (1994)
- Winning numerous awards as a child actor in categories like Young Artist Award for Outstanding Youth Ensemble in a Television Series (1994), ShoWest Award for Young Star of the Year (1996), Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Voiceover role (1997), Kids’ Choice Award as the Blimp Award for Favorite Television Actor (1998) and Kids’ Choice Award as Hall of Fame Award (1999)
In 1995, he made his theatrical debut in the family comedy film Man of the House as Ben Archer.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut in the 1994 animation and adventure film, The Lion King as the voice of Young Simba.
First TV Show
In 1990, he made his TV show appearance in the comedy-drama series The Bradys as Kevin Brady.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut in Disney’s The Adventures of Spot (US Version) as the voice of Spot in 1987.
Jonathan Taylor Thomas’s workout routine is not known. He has been a vegetarian since the age of 4 as he hates meat.
Jonathan Taylor Thomas Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Roseanne (1988), Grace Under Fire (1993), CNN News
Source – IMDb
Jonathan Taylor Thomas Facts
- His parents separated in 1991 and he and his brother stayed with their mother.
- Jonathan was partly raised in Sacramento and partly in Los Angeles, California.
- His brother Joel is 4 years older than him.
- His mother did her studies from the Syracuse University.
- Growing up, he liked listening to Boyz II Men.
- He also loved watching college basketball.
- He does not like JTT as his nickname.
- He does not use products tested on animals.
- His last name ‘Thomas’ is actually derived from his brother’s middle name, thereby giving him the stage name of Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
- As a teen star, Jonathan was constantly on the covers of many magazines like Teen Beat, People, Tutti Fruitti, TV Hits, Big Bopper, Nickelodeon, Bop, Superstars, 16, and Teens to name a few.
- In 2000, he was also featured in a gay and lesbian magazine called The Advocate.
- In 1999, he became the first ever actor to win the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Lifetime Achievement Award for the character Randy Taylor in Home Improvement (1991-1998).
- VH1 ranked Jonathan as number 25 on the 100 Greatest Kid Stars list.
- Growing up, Jonathan had 2 cats named Simba and Samantha, and a dog named McCormick.
- When he was a young child, his mother often took him to work-related events so that he could have a better understanding of the underprivileged life and be thankful for all that he has and also, to encourage him to help those in need.
- As a voice actor, he has lent his voice to many animated characters such as George in The Itsy Bitsy Spider (1994) and Tyler Tucker in The Wild Thornberrys (2000).
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Jonathan Taylor Thomas Fan Page / Instagram