|Miguel Herrán Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1996|
Miguel Herrán is a Spanish actor who is known for having been cast as Christian Varela Expósito in Elite and for playing the role of Aníbal “Río” Cortés in Money Heist. When he was in his younger years, he was not much inclined towards studies and it was a happy coincidence when he met actor and director, Daniel Guzman, while walking down the streets of Malaga, Spain. Over the years, Miguel Herrán has also been cast in different roles in movies such as Nothing in Return, Nomeolvides, 1898, Our Last Men in the Philippines, The Invisible Guardian, Some Time Later, and Alegría, tristeza. Also, he has accumulated a huge social media fan base with more than 8 million followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Málaga, Province of Málaga, Andalusia, Spain
Miguel Herrán took acting lessons at William Layton Laboratory which is located in Madrid, Spain.
- Father – Manuel Herrán
- Mother – Belen De La-Herran
Miguel Herrán is represented by Garay Talent, Talent Agency, Madrid, Spain.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Miguel Herrán has dated –
- Úrsula Corberó – Miguel Herrán is dating Catalan actress and voiceover artist, Úrsula Corberó, who is known for having been cast in several shows and movies such as Paranormal Xperience 3D, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Cómo sobrevivir a una despedida, La Corona Partida, El Arbol de La Sangre, Fisica o Quimica, La casa de papel, and 14 de abril. La República. Both Miguel and Úrsula have also co-starred alongside one another in the television series, Money Heist. Moreover, Miguel Herrán also keeps his fans updated by posting a number of their loved-up pictures on Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Charming smile
- Deep-set eyes
Miguel Herrán has either endorsed or promoted a variety of brands through social media which include the likes of Diesel, OPPO Mobile España, Lottosport, Mission Winnow, Red Bull España, Moncler, and many others.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Darío in the drama film, Nothing in Return (a.k.a. A cambio de nada), for which he won a Goya Award in the “Best New Actor” category in 2016 and was also nominated for a Premios CEC in the “Best New Actor” category as well as for an ASECAN Award in the “Best Male Performance” category in 2016
- Having been cast as a lead character on the television crime drama-thriller series, Money Heist, in which he played the role of Aníbal “Río” Cortés as he has starred alongside the likes of Úrsula Corberó, Itziar Ituño, Álvaro Morte, Paco Tous, Pedro Alonso, Alba Flores, Jaime Lorente, Esther Acebo, Enrique Arce, María Pedraza, Darko Peric, Kiti Mánver, Hovik Keuchkerian, Rodrigo de la Serna, and Najwa Nimri
- Appearing in a variety of roles in a couple of movies such as Director Assistant in Nomeolvides, Soldado Carvajal in 1898, Our Last Men in the Philippines, Miguel Ángel in The Invisible Guardian, and Ray in Some Time Later
- Having garnered an impressive fan base on social media with more than 8 million followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter
Miguel Herrán made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Dario in the drama film, Nothing in Return (a.k.a. A cambio de nada), in the year 2015. The film was directed by Daniel Guzmán and apart from Miguel Herrán, the lead cast of the movie also included the likes of Antonio Bachiller, Antonia Guzmán, Felipe García Vélez, Luis Tosar, María Miguel, Miguel Rellán, and several others. Also, the film was premiered at the Málaga Film Festival on April 23, 2015.
First TV Show
Miguel Herrán made his first TV show appearance as Himself/Interviewee in an episode of the news series, Días de cine, in May 2015.
First Web Show
Miguel Herrán made his first web show appearance by playing the role of Christian Varela Expósito in an episode, titled Bienvenidos, of the teen crime drama thriller series, Élite, in October 2018. He starred on the show alongside actors María Pedraza, Itzan Escamilla, Miguel Bernardeau, Jaime Lorente, Álvaro Rico, Arón Piper, Mina El Hammani, Ester Expósito, Omar Ayuso, and Danna Paola.
Miguel Herrán stays fit by working out on a regular basis. He enjoys indulging in calisthenics which has helped him over the years to achieve a healthier and stronger physique.
During his younger years, Miguel Herrán suffered from bigorexia, which includes a delusional or exaggerated belief that one’s own body is too small, too skinny, insufficiently muscular, or insufficiently lean, despite that, in most cases, the individual’s build can qualify as normal or even exceptionally large and muscular already. He has also said in an interview that although he previously weighed around 80 kg or 176.5 lbs, he used to look thin. However, with time, he has found his balance and regards his body as his tool and his temple.
Miguel Herrán Favorite Things
- Exercise – Calisthenics
Source – Women’s Health Mag
Miguel Herrán Facts
- He was quite young when he, along with his mother, shifted to the capital city of Spain, i.e. Madrid, from Málaga and started living in the Chamberí neighborhood.
- Growing up, Miguel Herrán was not very interested in studies and aspired to become a car mechanic afterward.
- It was a sheer chance that he came across actor and director, Daniel Guzman, while walking down the streets of Malaga, Spain and was later cast in the film, Nothing in Return (a.k.a. A cambio de nada).
- In November 2017, Miguel Herrán saw the musical titled Billy Elliot the Musical.
- Follow Miguel Herrán on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Miguel Herrán / Instagram