|Jordan Pickford Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 7, 1994|
Jordan Pickford is a professional soccer player known for having played for popular football clubs like Sunderland AFC, England National Team, and Everton. He has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Nike. Jordan has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Jordan Lee Logan
Speedy, Jordan Pickford
Washington, Tyne and Wear, England, United Kingdom
Jordan Pickford went to the St Robert of Newminster Catholic School in his hometown of Washington.
At the age of 8, he joined the Sunderland’s Academy. He remained with the academy till his promotion to the senior team in 2011.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Lee Logan (Builder)
- Mother – Sue Logan
- Siblings – Richard Logan (Brother)
13 – Sunderland AFC, England National Team
1 – Everton, England National Team
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jordan Pickford has dated –
- Megan Davison – Pickford has been in a relationship with Megan Davison, who is a University of Sunderland graduate, from a long time. They started dating when he was 16 years old and she was 14 years old. She has been often spotted cheering Pickford during his matches.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English ancestry.
Jordan Pickford has inked a personal endorsement deal with Nike. Because of the deal, he wears their cleats for his professional matches and their merchandise for his personal appearances.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being the first choice goalkeeper for the England National Team
- His steady performances for the Merseyside club, Everton
First Soccer Match
- In January 2012, he made his professional debut with an appearance for Conference Premier club Darlington against Fleetwood Town.
- He made his competitive start for Sunderland AFC in their 3-1 defeat to Arsenal in FA Cup in January 2016.
- In August 2017, he made his debut for Everton in a Premier League match against Stoke City at their home match at Goodison Park.
- In November 2017, he made his first appearance for England National Team in a friendly match against Germany at the Wembley Stadium. The match ended in a 0-0 draw.
- Ball Control
- Technical Ability
- Handling of Crosses
- Control of Penalty Area
He doesn’t have any apparent weaknesses in his game.
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of his football matches, Jordan Pickford made his first TV show appearance on the talk show, Good Morning Britain in June 2018.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Jordan Pickford Favorite Things
Source – Squawka
Jordan Pickford Facts
- In 2010, he signed a scholarship contract with Sunderland and in 2011, he signed his first professional contract with the club.
- In the summer of 2014, Sunderland moved to tie him down with another long-term contract with a new deal extending his stay at the club until 2018.
- He was controversially sent off while playing for Preston North End against Leeds United in December 2015. The referee had adjudged him to have handled the ball outside the box while challenging Chris Wood. His subsequent suspension was later overturned after it emerged that the ball had hit him on the chest.
- In June 2017, Everton purchased him from Sunderland in a deal worth initial fees of £25 million, which made him the most expensive British goalkeeper. He also became the 3rd most expensive goalkeeper after Gianluigi Buffon and Ederson Moraes.
- With his Premier League debut against Tottenham Hotspur, he achieved the unique distinction of having played in the top 5 leagues of English football by the age of 21.
- In April 2017, he was one of the 6 players to be shortlisted for the highly coveted “PFA Young Player of the Year” award. Dele Alli managed to beat him to the award.
- In the ‘Round of 16’ match of 2018 FIFA World Cup, he saved a penalty from Carlos Bacca to help England win the shootout by 4-3 against Colombia and progress to the quarterfinals of the tournament.
- While growing up, he used to box at the Washington Boxing Club.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Cyril Venediktov / www.soccer.ru / CC BY-SA 3.0