Manuel Peter Neuer
Neuer graduated from Gesamtschule Berger Feld, a school located in Gelsenkirchen, Germany.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Marcel Neuer (Brother) (Football Referee)
Manuel is signed with PRO Profil GmbH.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Manuel Neuer dated –
- Kathrin Gilch (2009-2014) – Manuel first met Kathrin back in 2009, while he was on a vacation in Greece. The famous goalkeeper and his former girlfriend spent 5 years together until 2014, when they decided to split.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde hair and blue eyes
- Great goalkeeper
Manuel’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35½ cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Manuel has appeared in TV commercials for Coke Zero (2015), Nutella and Adidas.
Neuer is Roman Catholic.
Best Known For
Manuel has been recognized as one of the best goalkeepers of all time. He is best known for his unbelievable reactions and his high potential as a player.
First Football Match
As a four-year-old kid, Neuer played his first football game on March 3, 1991.
In 2006, Manuel debuted in a Bundesliga match between Schalke 04 and Alemannia Aachen.
Neuer’s first national team appearance was on June 2, 2009 in a match between Germany and the United Arab Emirates.
- Ball distribution
- Stopping long and close range shots
Neuer hasn’t been a part of a movie yet.
First TV Show
In 2007, Manuel acted as himself in the musical comedy game show Wetten, dass..? He appeared in only one episode named Wetten, dass..? aus Dortmund.
Manuel is known for his rarely seen skills for a goalkeeper. His stunning reflexes are always on point and his ball distribution, many times is compared to a midfielder. But, what makes Neuer so good in the things he does? Obviously, it’s his approach to every workout he does, and the exercises which are included in those workouts.
We don’t know the exact type of exercises that Neuer does, but we want to share our thoughts on the possible exercises that can help you increase your hand speed and reflexes. In order to be able to execute the following exercises, you will need a tennis ball.
Manuel Neuer Favorite Things
- Food – Potato fritters with salmon and salad
- Drink – Water
Source – FCBayern.de
Manuel Neuer Facts
- He loves playing tennis, traveling, and skiing.
- Manuel got his first football at the age of 2.
- His childhood idol was the German and former Schalke goalkeeper Jens Lehmann.
- He won the Golden Glove award at the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- In 2014, Manuel won the 2014 FIFA World Cup while playing for Germany.
- Many people look upon Neuer as one of the best goalkeepers after the Russian goalkeeper, Lev Yashin.
- In 2014, the British daily newspaper The Guardian placed Neuer as the third-best player in the world behind Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
- In July 2011, Manuel was transferred to Bayern Munich for a price of 22 million euros.
- Once Manuel came to Bayern, many of their fans had shown a dose of disappointment for buying a player from their rival Schalke 04.
- On January 30, 2015, Neuer was named the Best German Footballer of the Year. The same year he was a part of the UEFA’s Team of the Year and also finished as third in the FIFA Ballon d’Or behind Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
- He is the owner of the Manuel Neuer Kids Foundation.
- Manuel supports the Gelsenkirchen Catholic social group and the Gelsenkirchen youth club which is run by the religious institute of men called Amigonian Friars.
- Visit his official website @ manuel-neuer.com.
- Follow Manuel on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.