|Jordi Alba Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¾ in|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1989|
Jordi Alba is a Spanish professional soccer player known for being one of the leading left-backs in the world. He has done endorsement work for popular brands like Adidas. He has won various titles like UEFA Champions League and Copa Del Rey. Jordi has a huge social media fan base with more than 10 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than 4 million followers on Facebook.
Jordi Alba Ramos
L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Jordi Alba started his soccer education at the youth academy of his hometown club Hospitalense. He later continued his education at the iconic La Masia academy of FC Barcelona.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Miguel Alba
- Mother – Maria Jose
- Siblings – David Alba (Brother)
Jordi Alba is represented by Vicente Fores.
18 – FC Barcelona
18 – Catalonia National Football Team
18 – Spain National Football Team
5 ft 6¾ in or 169.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jordi Alba has dated –
- Melissa Morales (2009-2011) – In 2009, Jordi started going out with Melissa Morales. However, their relationship didn’t last long as they decided to separate in 2011.
- Romarey Ventura (2015-Present) – In 2015, Jordi Alba started going out with model Romarey Ventura. The rumors of them dating started circulating in the early months of 2015. The cause of these rumors were pictures of them shared by Alba on his official social media accounts. They eventually confirmed their relationship in the summer of 2015. Ventura gave birth to the couple’s first child, son Piero, in January 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Catalan ancestry.
Often supports medium stubble beard
Jordi Alba has a personal endorsement deal with the sportswear giant, Adidas. He wears their footwear for his matches for Barcelona and Spain and often uses his social media activity to promote their products.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being one of the leading left-backs in the Spanish soccer scene. He is the first choice in his place for Barcelona as well as the Spanish national team.
- Having won numerous league titles and cup competitions for Barcelona like La Liga, UEFA Champions League, and Copa Del Rey
First Soccer Match
- In September 2009, he made his La Liga debut as he played for Valencia against Real Valladolid in their 4-2 victory.
- He made his official debut for FC Barcelona in August 2012 in their 5-1 home win over Real Sociedad in La Liga.
- In October 2011, he made his first international start for the Spanish national team in UEFA Euro 2012 qualifier against Scotland. He recorded one assist in the match as his cutback was turned in by David Silva for the first goal in a 3-1 victory.
- Attacking Runs
- Often leaves space behind
In May 2018, he made his theatrical film debut in the Spanish biographical movie, Think For Yourself.
First TV Show
In 2015, Jordi Alba made his first TV show appearance on the comedy talk-show, En el aire con Andreu Buenafuente.
Jordi Alba relies on his interval training to keep his stamina up for his marauding runs up and down the left flank. He combines interval training with his running drills to build his endurance. After having done a warmup, he sprints for 30 seconds and then takes a 30 seconds rest. He repeats the whole process until he can’t sprint for 30 seconds.
Jordi also takes care of his nutrition and makes sure that he is fueling his body up after training sessions. He has completely given up eating fast food. He also abstains from consumption of any fizzy drinks.
Jordi Alba Favorite Things
- Food – Cuban Rice
- Music – Flamenco
Source – Tribuna
Jordi Alba Facts
- He started his soccer career in the youth ranks of Barcelona in the position of left winger. However, he was released in 2005 as the club authorities felt that he was too small to become a successful soccer player.
- In 2007, he moved from Cornellà to Valencia in a deal worth €6,000. The club assigned him to the B team to continue his soccer education.
- He ended his debut season with Barcelona as a La Liga winner. By the end of the season, he had ended with 5 goals, which is a great number for a defender.
- In June 2015, he signed a new contract with Barcelona. The deal extended his stay with the club for 5 more years and increased his buyout clause to €150 million.
- In 2012, he won UEFA Euro with the Spanish national side. He had scored a goal in his side’s 4-0 victory over Italy.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Cyril Venediktov / soccer.ru / CC BY-SA 3.0