|Prabhu Deva Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 3, 1973|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Prabhu Deva is a well-distinguished Indian dancer, choreographer, film director, producer, and actor who is best known for his work in the Hindi and Tamil film industry. Nevertheless, Prabhu is perhaps most famously known for his dance choreography for which he has even received a National Film Award along with various other awards. He also has a huge fan base with more than 600k followers on Instagram, more than 4.5 million followers on Facebook, more than 3.5 million followers on Twitter.
Mysore, Karnataka, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Prabhu studied at the Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School in Chennai.
He trained in Bharatanatyam under the careful guidance of Dharmaraj and Udupi Lakshminarayanan.
Dancer, Choreographer, Film Director, Producer, and Actor
- Father – Mugur Sundar (Dance Choreographer)
- Mother – Mahadevamma Sundar
- Siblings – Raju Sundaram (Older Brother) (Dance Choreographer, Actor, Director), Nagendra Prasad (Younger Brother) (Dance Choreographer, Actor)
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Prabhu has dated –
- Khushbu Sundar – He had a live-in relationship with the actress, producer, television presenter and politician Khushbu Sundar for 4 years.
- Ramlath (1995-2011) – They had 3 sons and Basasavaraju (Vishal) was their older son. He passed away in December 2008 due to a brain tumor. Besides that, Prabhu and his wife also legally parted ways in 2011 due to Prabhu’s extra-marital affair with actress Nayanthara.
- Nayanthara (2009-2012)
Note: He has a daughter named Aditi Prabhudeva (b. January 13, 1990).
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Thick beard
Prabhu has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- Minister White
- TVS (Alongside MS Dhoni)
Prabhu Deva Favorite Things
Source – Mirchi9
Prabhu Deva Facts
- He is the middle child of 3 siblings born to Mugur and Mahadevamma.
- Prabhu had sought out his passion for dancing from his father Mugur Sundar.
- As a choreographer, Prabhu made his debut in Vetri Vizha (1989). It featured brilliant actors like Kamal Hassan, Prabhu, and Amala Mukherjee.
- It is said that Kamal has choreographed dances in more than a hundred films.
- He made his acting debut with the film Indhu in 1994 alongside actress Roja who played the titular character.
- His breakthrough role as an actor came with his appearance in the hit dance film ABCD (2013).
- In 1996, he was awarded the National Film Award in “Best Choreography.” Later, in 2004, Prabhu received the award for the 2nd time.
- In the past, he started a dance studio in Singapore under the name Prabhudeva Dance Academy.
- He is the mastermind behind the 2009 film Wanted which featured Salman Khan in the lead. In the past, it was said that Prabhu was directing Dabangg 3.
- Prabhu is often referred to as an Indian rendition of legendary pop sensation Michael Jackson.
- In 2013, he had planned on releasing a video album titled It Is Boring.
- He directed Britannia‘s 2012 commercial for Tiger biscuits.
- The YouTube channel, Prabhudeva Studios was started in June 2016.
- In 2019, Prabhu was given the prestigious Padma Shri award for his incredible talent and contribution.
- He has been featured on the cover of various magazines including Ritz.
- India Forbes had ranked him at #90 on its “2013 Celebrity 100” list with an estimated earning of INR 8.5 crore.
Featured Image By Bollywood Hungama / CC BY 3.0