|José María López Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 26, 1983|
José María López is an Argentinian race car driver who is best known for winning the 2014-2016 World Touring Car Championship. Besides that, he has also worked as a Formula One test driver.
José María López
Río Tercero, Argentina
Race Car Driver
- Mother – Mabel Vecchio
José is represented by All Road Management.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lopez prefers to keep the identity of his wife out of the limelight. However, he is a happily married man and she can be seen accompanying him at the race tracks.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Spanish descent.
He has a cleft chin.
Through his social media, he has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as Jens Munser Designs.
José María López Favorite Things
- Race Track – Circuit de Monaco, New York City ePrix
Source – EVPerformance.co.uk
José María López Facts
- He found his passion for the sport when he was 8 years old and had decided that he wanted to grow up to become a racer. However, it was not until he was 10 years old that he started to race at go-kart events.
- In 2001, he joined the Formula Renault 2000 Eurocup and raced with Cram Competition.
- It was announced in July 2016, that José would be racing for DS Virgin Racing in the 3rd season of FIA Formula E Championship. He stated in an interview that he made the switch as his then racing team Citroën was pulling out at the end of 2016.
- José escaped a near-death accident during the first 6 hours of the FIA World Endurance Championship in 2017. However, he was later released from the hospital after a check-up.
- He is a huge admirer of race car driver Ayrton Senna.
- In February 2020, he was racing for the Geox Dragon Racing which is one of the leading teams at the FIA Formula E Championship.
Featured Image By José María López / Instagram