|Julian Dennison Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 26, 2002|
Julian Dennison is a well-known New Zealander who has been flourishing in the art of acting. Starting his career at a very early age, he has worked in several films which include Shopping, Paper Planes, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Chronesthesia, Deadpool 2, and Godzilla vs. Kong. Julian’s first acting opportunity came in the film, Shopping, after he participated in an open audition while he was in school. Later, he was cast in Hunt for the Wilderpeople without him even auditioning for the part as he had already gained much critical acclaim for his skills as an actor. After he appeared in the superhero movie, Deadpool 2, he was not even allowed to see the movie as the film was R-rated. Julian Dennison has also gained a major fan base with his acting finesse and has more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Julian Bailey Dennison
Upper Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand
He resides in Foxton, New Zealand.
Julian Dennison studied at Naenae Primary School. Then, he got enrolled at Hutt International Boys’ School in Upper Hutt.
- Father – Wayne Dennison
- Mother – Mabelle Dennison (Actress)
- Siblings – Christian Dennison (Twin Brother). Julian Dennison has 2 older siblings as well.
Julian Dennison is represented by –
- LINK Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Stride Management, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Julian Dennison has not dated anyone publicly yet. Hence, it is difficult to ascertain anything about his love life and relationship history.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Māori descent.
- Long hair
- Fun-loving personality
- Arched eyebrows
- Often wears a cap
Julian Dennison has either endorsed or promoted several brands like Air New Zealand and Lynx.
Best Known For
- Having been cast in several movies such as Shopping (2013) as Solomon, Paper Planes (2015) as Kevin, Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016) as Ricky Baker, Chronesthesia (2016) as Beni, Deadpool 2 (2018) as Russell Collins /Firefit, and Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
- Appearing in a number of shows such as The Strange Chores (2019) as Pierce, Conan (2018) as himself, Made in Hollywood (2018) as himself, Jimmy Kimmel Live! (2018) as himself, Celebrity Page (2018) as himself, Good Morning America (2018) as himself, and Funny Girls (2016) as himself
Julian Dennison made his first feature film appearance as Solomon in the drama movie, Shopping, in 2013. The film was premiered at Sundance Film Festival on January 18, 2013.
He made his first theatrical film appearance as Kevin in the Australian 3D children’s drama film, Paper Planes, in 2015. The film was premiered at the Melbourne International Film Festival on August 10, 2014.
First TV Show
Julian Dennison made his first TV show appearance as himself in an episode, titled Akon/Julian Dennison/Philippe Cousteau & Ashlan Cousteau, of the talk-show series, Home & Family, in 2016.
Julian Dennison Favorite Things
- Film – Whale Rider
Source – GQ
Julian Dennison Facts
- He grew up in Naenae, New Zealand.
- He is the second youngest amongst the 4 Dennison siblings.
- His family is very much into the entertainment industry and his grandfather himself was a writer.
- Julian Dennison is a member of the iwi (tribe) Ngāti Hāua and the pouhara (canoe) Tainui.
- He started his career as an actor at a very early age.
- He secured the role of Ricky Baker, without even auditioning for the same, in the adventure comedy-drama film, Hunt for the Wilderpeople, after he shot to fame as his advert for the New Zealand Transport Agency became viral in both Australia and New Zealand. Both the advert and the film were directed by filmmaker, actor, and director, Taika Waititi.
- Julian Dennison has worked alongside the likes of Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin, and Zazie Beetz in the superhero movie, Deadpool 2.
- He goes to the Brookfield Camp in Wainuiomata in Wellington every year on Christmas with his extended family and they all enjoy their time together.
- Follow Julian Dennison on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Julian Dennison / Instagram