|Keith Richards Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1943|
Keith Richards is an English musician and singer-songwriter who is best known as the co-founder, guitarist, vocalist, and co-principal songwriter of the rock band The Rolling Stones. He was called the “rock’s greatest single body of riffs” by Rolling Stone magazine on guitar and was ranked 4th on its “100 Best Guitarists” list in 2011.
Keef, The Human Riff
Dartford, Kent, England, United Kingdom
- Redlands, West Wittering, West Sussex, England, United Kingdom
- Weston, Connecticut, United States
- Parrot Cay, Turks & Caicos
He attended Wentworth Primary School. Richards went to Dartford Technical High School for Boys from 1955 to 1959. In his final year, he was expelled from Dartford Technical High School and was transferred to Sidcup Art College.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Herbert William Richards (Factory Worker)
- Mother – Doris Maud Lydia
- Others – Ernest J. Richards (Paternal Grandfather), Elizabeth C.M Baxter (Paternal Grandmother), Augustus Theodore “Gus” Dupree (Maternal Grandfather), Emily Ann Turner (Maternal Grandmother)
Keith Richards is represented by –
- MBC PR, Public Relations Agency, London, United Kingdom
- Little, Brown and Company, Book Publisher, New York, United States
Rock, Blues, Blues Rock, Rock and Roll, Rhythm and Blues
Guitar, Vocals, Bass Guitar
- Decca Records
- Rolling Stones Records
- Virgin / EMI
- Mindless London
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Keith Richards has dated –
- Anita Pallenberg (1967-1979) – Richards was romantically linked to actress Anita Pallenberg for 12 years. The former couple has a son named Marlon Leon Sundeep (b. 1969), a daughter named Angela (b. 1972), and another son named Tara Jo Jo Gunne who died of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) at the age of 2 months on June 6, 1976. When his son died, Richards was away on a tour and many criticized the singer for performing that night even after he learned his son’s death. However, he was quick to explain that it was his only way to cope.
- Patti Hansen (1983-Present) – Richards met model Patti Hansen in 1979 and the two had tied the knot on December 18, 1983, during his 40th birthday. The couple has 2 daughters named Theodora Dupree (b. 1985) and Alexandra Nicole (b. 1986).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent and has Welsch ancestry on his paternal grandfather’s side.
Due to advancing age, his hair color has turned ‘Gray’.
- Greek Nose
- Thin Lips
Keith Richards Favorite Things
- Guitarist – Scotty Moore
- Food – Sheperd’s Pie
Source – Wikipedia
Keith Richards Facts
- He has a collection of approximately 3,000 guitars.
- He and The Rolling Stones lead vocalist Mick Jagger wrote 14 songs that were included in the list of “Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs of All Time”. Their songwriting collaboration began in 1963 with the insistence of manager Andrew Loog Oldham.
- His great-grandfather’s family originated in Wales, United Kingdom.
- Richard’s interest in guitar was fostered by his maternal grandfather, Augustus Theodore “Gus” Dupree.
- He considers acoustic guitars as the basis of his playing as he believes that the limitations of electric guitars would cause his playing to “lose that touch”. Richards has played acoustic guitar on many of his band’s tracks including Brown Sugar, Play with Fire, and Angie.
- He became an active music producer in the 1960s.
- Richards has released a few solo recordings and his first one was released in 1978. It was a cover of Chuck Berry’s Run Rudolph Run backed with his version of Jimmy Cliff’s The Harder They Come.
- In 1987, following Jagger’s exit from their collab to pursue a solo recording and touring career, he formed the “X Pensive Winos” with co-songwriter and co-producer, Steve Jordan.
Featured Image by Raph_PH / Flickr / CC BY 2.0