|Kenny Omega Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 16, 1983|
Kenny Omega is a Canadian-Japanese professional wrestler who has served as an in-ring performer and the executive vice president at All Elite Wrestling (AEW), a professional promotion founded in 2019. He has won both the AEW World Championship and the AEW World Tag Team Championship. He has also performed in Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide and has won its AAA Mega Championship. Throughout his career, he has performed in numerous promotions worldwide including Ring of Honor, DDT Pro-Wrestling, Jersey All Pro Wrestling, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, and New Japan Pro-Wrestling. Competing in the last of those, he had won the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, the IWGP Intercontinental Championship, and the inaugural IWGP United States Championship. Universally acclaimed as one of the best professional wrestlers of his generation, he was inducted into the ‘Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame’ in 2020.
Kenny Omega, Scott Carpenter
Transcona, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
He splits his time between Florida, United States, and Katsushika, Tokyo, Japan.
He holds dual nationality.
Kenny had attended the Transcona Collegiate Institute (TCI), a secondary education institution in his hometown. He had graduated from there in 2001 and had enrolled in a university but had dropped out during the first year to pursue a career in professional wrestling.
- Father – His father has worked for the Canadian government as a transport officer.
- Mother – His mother has worked in the family services department.
- Siblings – He has a younger sister.
He is represented by Braverman/Bloom Co., Inc., Business/Talent Management Agency, Sherman Oaks, San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles, California, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Canadian descent.
- Toned physique
- Neck-length, tousled, frizzy hair
- Sports a rugged beard
Kenny Omega Facts
- He was drawn towards wrestling during his childhood itself when he used to religiously watch tapes of WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)’s Saturday night main event.
- During his high school years, he also used to play ice hockey, and to earn some extra money, he would often work at local stores of retailers such as IGA and Costco.
- He began thinking seriously about a career in professional wrestling when one of his friends from Transcona Collegiate Institute (TCI) began to train with a local promotion in Winnipeg known as Top Rope Championship Wrestling (TRCW). He soon gave up his ice hockey dreams and started getting trained under TRCW promoter Bobby Jay, whom he had met while stacking shelves at a local IGA store. After a year’s worth of training, he made his professional wrestling debut in 2000.
- His ring name, Kenny Omega, was inspired by the character Omega Weapon from the Final Fantasy video game series.
- He considers himself to be a practitioner of ‘Straight Edge’, a subculture of hardcore punk whose followers abstain from the use/abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and recreational drugs.
- Kenny had revealed in an interview that he was obsessed with Japanese culture, video games, and cartoons since childhood. He is fluent in the language and eventually became a Japanese citizen.
Featured Image by Kenny Omega / Instagram