|Keshi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 4, 1994|
Keshi is an American singer, songwriter, producer, and multi-instrumentalist who rose to fame after releasing several singles like As Long as It Takes You (2017), and accumulating more than 700 million streams. He gained further popularity by dropping various other numbers such as Beside You (2021), numerous single albums including If You’re Not the One for Me Who Is (2017), and a number of EPs like Always (2020). Keshi has amassed more than a million followers on Instagram.
Houston, Texas, United States
He attended Stephen F. Austin High School in Sugar Land. He then went to the University of Texas in Austin and acquired a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
Singer, Songwriter, Producer, Multi-instrumentalist
R&B, Hip Hop, Alternative
Vocals, Textural instrumentals
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
1. He has been in a relationship with a Japanese girl who has been his childhood friend since the 5th/6th grade.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Vietnamese descent.
- Thick lips
- Dreamy eyes
- Pierced nose and ears
- Tattoos on his body
Keshi Favorite Things
- Accessory – A gold necklace
Source – Hype
- He was raised near Sugar Land. In spite of residing in an ethnically diverse community with a predominantly Asian population, he has recalled that he would feel out of place and also disconnected from his heritage while growing up, as those around him were mainly ethnically Chinese.
- Keshi has disclosed that he has always rejected any kind of regimented learning when it came to music and had thus drawn the conclusion that he did not have the knack for it. When he was put in piano lessons as a child, he never took to it as he could not figure out the way to read the music. Everything he played was only regurgitated as he heard it, as it was easier for him to let his ear do the work. The same thing had happened when he had come into orchestra when he did not understand the nuances until it was played for him.
- Music had brought him immense joy when he had picked up the guitar from his grandfather, at the age of 13. He did not have to follow any rules and could play to how he felt. He also started teaching himself the instrument by using his grandfather’s Vietnamese music book.
- Keshi has worked as an oncology nurse at the Texas Medical Center for a couple of years.
- He has revealed the name Keshi had come from the childhood moniker that was given by his girlfriend. He would head over to her house every single day and her parents would always call him Keshi. During college when he began sharing music via his SoundCloud page, he used the same moniker.
- Keshi has stated that songwriting has felt therapeutic to him and become integral to his very wellbeing. He has relished writing about bittersweet things as well as about true stories from himself or others. Listening to music that he is excited about has got him in a wonderful and creative mood.
- Keshi would love to adopt a cat but he has been allergic to them.
Featured Image by Keshi / Instagram