|Kevin Magnussen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 5, 1992|
Kevin Magnussen is a Danish professional racing driver who began competing in the premier Formula One tier in 2014 after coming up the ranks through the renowned McLaren Young Driver Programme. Before joining the F1 tier, he had put together a string of impressive performances in the late 2000s and the early 2010s winning the 2008 Danish Formula Ford Championship and the 2013 Formula Renault 3.5 Series. He had also stood 2nd in the 2009 Formula Renault 2.0 NEC series, 3rd in the 2010 German Formula 3 Championship, 2nd in the 2011 British Formula 3 Championship, and 3rd in the 2011 Masters of Formula 3 event.
Kevin Jan Magnussen
Roskilde, Zealand, Denmark
London, England, United Kingdom
Professional Formula One Racing Driver
- Father – Jan Magnussen (Former Professional Racing Driver)
- Mother – Britt Petersen
- Siblings – Marcus Mose (Younger Brother) (Kart Racer)
- Others – Christina Magnussen (Step-Mother), Luca Magnussen (Younger Half-Brother), Millie Magnussen (Younger Half-Sister), Erik Magnussen (Uncle), Smed Magnussen (Uncle)
Formula One Teams
Kevin has raced for –
- McLaren Mercedes (2014)
- McLaren Honda (2015)
- Renault Sport F1 Team (2016)
- Haas F1 Team (2017-Present)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin has dated –
- Louise Gjørup (2015-Present) – Kevin began dating Louise Gjørup in March 2015 and proposed to her in October 2018. The couple got married on October 10, 2019, in a private ceremony.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Danish descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Has his right forearm covered in tattoos
- Sports a rugged beard
Kevin has been sponsored by –
- Jack & Jones
- Richard Mille
Kevin Magnussen Favorite Things
- F1 Drivers – Juan Manuel Fangio, Stirling Moss
- Singer – Mads Langer
- Race Track – Suzuka International Racing Course in Japan
- Adventure Sports – Jet-skiing, Waterskiing
- Cuisine – Indian
Kevin Magnussen Facts
- Between his participation in Formula Ford events in 2008 and the 2009 Formula Renault 2.0 NEC series, Kevin had to work as a factory welder due to inadequate funding.
- He earned his first experience of a Formula One car at the Abu Dhabi Young Driver Test in November 2012. His time of 1:42.651 was the best of the 3-day test and earned him his FIA Super Licence.
- At his very first Formula One race, the 2014 Australian Grand Prix, he finished in the 3rd position. It made him just the 2nd Danish driver, after his father Jan who had finished 6th at the 1998 Canadian Grand Prix, to score points in an F1 race. He also became the first driver, since Lewis Hamilton at the 2007 Australian Grand Prix, to earn a podium position in his first-ever F1 race.
- After the race, he was promoted to the 2nd position because Daniel Ricciardo, who had a 2.2 second lead over Kevin, was disqualified due to fuel irregularities. This made Kevin the first driver to finish in 2nd position on F1 debut since Jacques Villeneuve finished 2nd at the 1996 Australian Grand Prix.
- Despite the stunning start to his F1 career, he did not earn any other podium finishes till the end of the 2019 F1 season. He never finished any higher than the 5th position in 101 starts in this period.
Featured Image by Kevin Magnussen / Instagram